1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YORKSHIRE COAST FISHING MATCHES - The Yorkshire Fours

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cps, Oct 11, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

The Filey Rocklings did the annual first round exit to the Cloughton Boys.Fished on a flat sea and strong westerly wind the fishing was a bit slow,but a couple of the lads managed a couple of codlings,sorry for the weights but some of the fished were not weighed :canadian:

Mick Chadwick 2 Codlings about 4lb v Billy "Wec" Codling...ooops Colling Blank .....Marine Drive

Chris France 1 Codling and a Rockling about 3lb v Andy "Moses" Cammish 8oz Rockling....... Kettleness

Simon Barker .... Blank v Mart "Smokey" Cammish 1 codling 2lb 9oz ..... Long Hole/ Hommerel Hole

Jerra Robinson 3 codlings for about 5lb 8oz v Rich "Hoofer" Johnson 8oz .... Raggle Scar/Cloughton

Well done to Jerra's mob and good luck in the next round,the night was enjoyed by all and the banter was good.I won't tell you what Wec said when he turned up at the meeting point to be told "It's either the Drive or Kettleness Bill!" something along the lines of ".....ing Kettleness!! who's going down there?" lets just say he fished the drive :whistle: tight lines

2. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Any news on the second round draw yet ? Is CPS back off his holls ??

3. cps

cps Rockling

just back , second round will get sorted asap, 2night if i can get hold of ian

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

kettleness , :surprise: :surprise: :surprise: i don't go that far on holiday smokester :cheesy: :cheesy:

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. cps

cps Rockling

draw just made

HOME AWAY
    slim jims sand lovers ian thompsons rock lovers [inc big fish expert]
    jera robinson my motly crew

7. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Have you got Ians number Chris. Did you have a good hol. Hope the fishing was less patchy than here !!

8. cps

cps Rockling

just sorting this years out
    if anyone else wants to enter a team please get in touch
    draw will be made before the end onf october

9. glassback

glassback Blenny

now chris just had a word with the lads and are all keen to defend the title .what is the format for this year same as last year ,as there were a few moans last year about time and travelling etc .cheers andy

10. cps

cps Rockling

genral feeling seems to be that whilst no one wants to ban south of flambro alot have said the wont go down to hornsea to then do an hours drive to the riveror spurn but would fish local to hornsea

so the best compromise will have to be a southern boundry somwhere just south of hornsea , im open for a sugestion from you guys on that one

11. mww

mww Rockling

Think we'll have yet another try to get past the first round again this year...any chance of a bye?

Mart

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

It's our turn this year Mart :whistle: :wink: :happy: tight lines

13. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

How about Hilston or Tunstal, gives us a bit of tide !! and only 15-20 mins away from hornsea.

14. cps

cps Rockling

This years draw

Home Away
    C Scaife cloughton A Barnby hornsea
    D Thompson Whitby P Dunn scalbymils
    M wilding cloughton I thompson south cliff ?
    J Robinson scalby mills P france cloughton

I will try and inform all asap

15. mww

mww Rockling

First result from our fish-fest....!!

Dave Cross nil drew with Ian Thompson nil

Pete Bayes 2 Bleggs 1lb 5oz lost to Ray Maddison 1 Pollack 1 Rockling 2lb 4oz

Dave Bielby nil drew with Kev Thompson nil

Martyn Wilding 1 mop 1lb 7oz beat Pete Atkinson nil

We were more than a bit fortunate to go through on total weight, 2lb 12oz to 2lb 4oz...pretty close, but a really hard night's fishing...

Anyone know what happens now, we don't usually get past the first round!! :surprise:

Mart

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I'm sure Chris will post a result at some point......I'd just like to say that being asked to fish in the fours match was a brilliant ,even though I blanked, experience. It was good being shown a mark and where and how to approach it :yes: Thanks Chris :yes:
    Mind you I did pay a little back when the last but one cast of Chris's resulted in a stonking bite whilst he had his head buried in his fishing bag !.....Jelly let out a little..."I think you've got a bite mate !!"

Thanks lads great nights fishing...even though the fish didn t show much !......Well done Chris on your fish.

Cheers Jellyworm.

17. cps

cps Rockling

a quick up date as al but one of the first round matches have now been fished

j robinsons mob beat phil frances squad on aggrigate after it was 2 all

mww and his mob wone as previously posted

my bunch of amitures managed to scape through with a 3 to 0 win although it was down to billits rocklings and blegs for the most except andcod who managed a mop with his and myself as jellworm explaned with a nice fish of 6lb 12 oz that empailed its self on the end of my hook as i used the age old method to get a bite by lookin anywhere other than the rod end :embarrass:
    think it was pulling that hard jelly was woryed i may lose my rod :surprise: and once i had hold it proceded to cary on with a run that a tope would have been proud of,

in all a wild night with the wind which i think stoped us getin a fish or two more,
    a good crack was had by all as always with the sotuern raiders and ihope we will see them in next year having a go

18. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

We'll be keen again next year Chris fitness (or fatness!) willing. Enjoyed the crack as usual and many thanks to Jellyworm for filling in for Mark (blobby). I expect the weather were he is will have been friendlier than ours last night.

19. mww

mww Rockling

Update from last night's first semi between my lot & CPS's bunch:

Dave Bielby 1 mop bt Mally Norris nil - Hayburn Wyke

Pete Bayes nil lost to Andy Crowe 4lb odd cod - Marine Drive

Dave Cross nil drew with Chris Scaife nil - Cloughton

Martyn Wilding codling 2lb 12oz bt Rich Johnson codling 2lb 11oz - Cloughton

Result 2 1/2pts vs 1 1/2pts

Despite good conditions, very poor returns again...

Think Jerra's lot fish Dennis T's lot in the other semi tonight - should be interesting as biggish sea running at moment..

Cheers

Mart

20. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Seems to very patchy down your neck of the woods martin is the bell trophy on the 17th mate.

paul.