1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YORKSHIRE COAST FISHING MATCHES - The Yorkshire Fours

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cps, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Youll have to contact Dennis to see about a Whitby team Chris. I wont be taking part this year. :happy:

2. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Will have a word with our lot. Hopefully torchy won't break his foot this year !! :laugh:

3. cps

cps Rockling

cheers boy's

4. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Got three deffinates so we should be OK for a team Chris.

5. cps

cps Rockling

thanks john i'll pm you when the draw is done

6. cps

cps Rockling

draw just been made

HOME AWAY

Jera robinson V martin [smokey] camish
    denis thompson V Ian Thompson
    John porter
    [ southern raders] V Phil[ cloughton cod] france
    Mart wilding V my mob
    [ if i can get a fouth man seen as phill has poached one from me]

al to be fished when we can , tight lines

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

come on you filey rocklings :cheesy: :cheesy: EASY EASY EASY :canadian:

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

just looking at the posts boys, and was thinking, redcar is supposed to be now officially part of yorkshire,, so can we have four from yorkshires northern most boundry???

9. cps

cps Rockling

sorry paul to late for this year as the draw has been made but it would be ok , only problem is if you were to draw the team from hornsea, bit of a rush on an evening but still possible if your keen
    sorry for not getting back on this sooner but just got back from the annual tidler bashing event against samf, fishing s@@t social side spot on samf even seconded gaza to fish for them this year so we weren't the only northerners

10. Baramundi Bob

How did you do Chris ? Are you still the best angler in the world ? or is it now Gaza :cheesy: :happy:

11. cps

cps Rockling

no lost my crown :sad: i was avrage on the first match [ short range yting bashing ] and fair to good on the second [longer range yting bashing]
    i havent seen the full result sheet yet, would think i was in the upper half though, considering the samf squad not a bad achevement
    samf team was

Ian Bowell, Andy Gallagher, Colin Provins, Steve Durrant, Tony Thomas, Dick Able, Ian Golds, Tony O'Grady, Darren Phillips, Andy Dawkins, Malcolm Stote, Bob Gascoigne, Gary Foster and 2 to be confirmed.
    mostly southern softies apart from bob and gary and the irish lad

had a good time and a great presintation dinner at the local army barracks home of the girkers in the sargents mess food was as good as i have had anywhere all 5 courses of it :hungry: :hungry:and it was only 80p a pint only slight downer was the lad that was killed on tusday was from there regiment :sad:
    o forgot to say we came last :cry: :cry: still we can only do better next year

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done Chris, sounds like you gave it everything, well done mate. Worked on army barracks's for a lot of years, they do half know how to serve up good grub - you wana try the officers mess :happy:

13. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Slim Jims Hornsea boys are taking on Cloughton Cods men on 17th. We are fishing on the sand down here (look what you've started mart). Willl post a report when it happens. I might even take one of them down to the mud !!

14. Baramundi Bob

Killer tells me hes been invited out of retirement by Mr T. Watch out Ian Thompson's team the man in the red overall is coming to get you :laugh: :laugh:

15. cps

cps Rockling

whos suppling the bait , head lamp and tranportation , as we all know what pauls like LOL

16. Baramundi Bob

He phoned for bait this morning Chris. Ill need a dozen crabs he said :cheesy:

17. mww

mww Rockling

The Yorkshire Fours - Shock First Round Result!!!

...well not really, as my merry band made our customary first round exit at the hands of cps's guys....

Not a mouth watering prospect, strongish SW'ly winds, hardly any movement, & not a lot of colour....chances of a codling or 2 weren't looking great....as it turned out, there were one or 2.

Anyway, results:

Uncle Peter 3 rocklings :surprise: beat Mally Norris Nil

Dave Cross nil lost to cps 4lb codling :snore:

Dave Bielby nil lost to Matty Hillaby 1 mop & a blegg

MWW 2 mops beat Andycod 2 mops by an odd ounce or 2 we think, although didn't bother weighing them...

Result a 2-2 draw, but cps's boys triumphed on aggregate weight.

Well done cps/ Mally/ Andycod/ Matty, good luck in the next round.

Mart

18. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

dont understand the not weighing but knew the result, was it just an estimation??

19. mww

mww Rockling

Yeah, we could have put them on the scales, but the result & aggregate weight was fairly obvious, so didn't bother muckying the scales...

Mart

20. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

The Southern Raiders ( Hornsea Boys) fished against Phil Frances Team last night. Conditions were looking good for a few fish, two of us went into the river, with the tide size and wind in our face we were expecting plenty of fish. On arrival two other anglers had 3 or 4 fish already with the best time to come. First cast 5 minutes, I got a slack liner resulting in cod about 3lb. Here we go I thought, we are going to have a bag full. But that was basically it for the night . Poor really. Anyway here are the results.

John Porter 1 cod 2lb 12oz Phil France 0
    M. Wright 1 cod 1 whiting 1lb 14oz F. Barker 0
    M. Colman 3 Whiting 2lb 5oz P. Dunn 0
    A. Barmby 1 flattie 5.5oz R. Cammish 1 Whiting 12oz

So we won 3 :1

Thanks to the Cloughton lads for coming down, enjoyed the night shame there weren't a few more fish.