1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Coast Bass Fishing - THE DYNAMIC DUO

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by big cliff, Aug 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Hot off the press, the bass boys dav and gjw have been at it again in a recent session they landed 19 bass between them with gjw getting a pb at 5lb 8oz,

top marks to these lads who have pushed the boundaries this season and have fished
    areas which were unknown for producing bass on lures and i am glad to say they have been rewarded with some good fishing and some nice fish indeed, although these fish have probably been around for years they have virtually gone unoticed with the odd ones only turning up now and then on bait intended for cod, which gets me round to the next point off never getting blinkered and always keeping an open mind as you never ever really know, they have caught fish from a few different venues
    and gary virtually new to the plug/lure game has clocked up 70 bass since june which is good fishing by anyones standard and all but 2 have been returned but thats the individuals choice of course.

i am sure that they have just scratched the surface and there is plenty more scope as regards plugs/venues/times/tides etc.. so well done dav and gary for testing the water and reaping the rewards they deserve..... :yes:

so i have give you both a head start and when i get shot off my groin strain move over Big Ciffs coming through..... :wink: :wink: :laugh:

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Re: THE DYNAMIC DUO

haha , cheers allan , yesterdays endeavour has got to be one of my best with regards to learning something new ,we took abit of a risk with regard safety but it was a calculated risk which we thought was 100 % safe , which turned out to be correct and well took .....like you say gary had a 5lb 8 oz bass a new pb for him which is well deserved , the fish took in strong tide which was no more than 4 ft deep maybe less and used its sheer width to go broad side and give gary abit of chew once it realised it was hooked :surprise: :surprise:......
    I wont say we think ide hooked the fish maybe 6 casts prior to gazza hooking and landing the fish , so i wont mention that ... :wink: :happy:......lady luck . esh .........haha ... :happy: :happy:
    Well done gaz.......

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

well done lads, I,ve gone down the same road as you lately :whistle: and managed to snickle a few but not had the same success as you two but rewarding all the same. It,s a shame the weather is going to break again. Maybe theres not too many where i,ve been but it might be because I,ve fished at the wrong state of tide or something, hopefully it will become clearer when i,ve fished there more often.

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done Dav and Gary on your PB bass - your success is based on time and effort and also developing that "sense" as to your quarries habits - it's intersesting you mention shallow water with tide, as I'm coming round to this way of thinking with bass more and more

The Southern Raiders have been on one of your patches today and done quite well on the bass front, I think Spawney will be doing a report shortly

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

Haha Dynamic Duo..... :laugh: :laugh: more like the terrible twosome... :yes: although you might have a point,,,, Dav could be Batman and i could be Robin.....Yeah,,, Robin Dav of the good bass he should of caught.. :tease: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought the idea of practicing catch and release Dav,, was you landed the fish first then released it......... :laugh: :laugh: Sorry thats unfair i promise the next good un's yours.....Honest :wink: you deserve it matey... :yes:
    yesturdays trip was abit on the risky side i most admit, but well worth it though...

Yea i am really over the moon with the fishing, i set myself a little target before the season to try and get 20 bass and one over 5lb..so i am well chuffed with the results, but like Al said we have only scratched the surface and i am sure there is loads more to learn and discover yet...Its just finding the time...

The most pleasing thing for me is there seems to be a healthy stock and they are not simply in small pockets in certain area's as i first thought but seem to be more widespread, which is good news.. :yes:

I have definately got the bass bug big time... :embarrass: and have gone through a small fortune in plugs... :embarrass: but its been worth it..

Couple of pic's from the last session..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I must admit reading the forum posts of the lads catching bass from the kayaks and from the shore really inspired me to give it a good go this season, and also Davenator who is a fine angler and a top lad, thanks for all the help mate.. :educated:, as i would probably be sat around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the cod season to kick off..

Cheers

Gary

6. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done gary and dav like quint said we were up your neck of the woods today and we done alright
    cheers ian

7. robq

robq Rockling

WOW :surprise: :surprise:

great catch lads :yes: :yes:

8. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Gary I am sure that bass looks like it has been hooked recently if you notice the mark under its chin.I bet Dav agrees too :embarrass: .Great fishing lads you have had some cracking results this summer due to plenty of homework and have earned every fish for your efforts.Top angling by anyones standards.

9. woody

woody New Member

well done gary and dav just shows whats out there if you are willing to put the time n effort in well done !! :wink:

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done lads you are certainly doing the business this year

11. Maxie

Maxie New Member

thats good bass fishing for anywhere lads you should be proud of yourselves.
    i happened to pump a bit of info out of a lad i met coming off the beach last night after plugging and he was using a popper called a knucklehead which is a jointed popper,theyd had nout last night but he said hed had a few lately.
    one more for your collections :wink:
    http://www.creekchub.com/

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

just before the season started gary got a new bass rod, and im sure thats what has made all the difference its called --- the magic wand, and its made by a company called fairy i think,
    anyhow it really works ! :wink: :wink: :wink:

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Looks a bit like a storm chug bug

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

yes i think dav ha

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

16. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice fishing boys, awesome sesh, makes me want more of the same, but where i used to get sesh's like that, the hot water outfall has been turned off for nine month as the power station has been shut down, so no hot water outfall and no bass. they all seem to have made there way to yorkshire, so i think me and rubbish need to do some homework, and find where the davenator and the gazenator have done the biz.
    i'm going to take a year off work, and take those pics of gaz with his bass, and walk along the yorks coast untill i find a match, THEN PLUG IT :cheesy: :whistle: :laugh: :wink: :canadian:

seriously though, well done lads, sihthot fishing, and hopefully me and dave might hit them one day( neer £400 worth of plugs), and 10 bass :vomit:

cant get a wink out of dav(" somewhere near the north sea" ), he said.

and i cant blame him :angry: :angry:

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Davs a real Bass lover and 10yrs supply of fresh peeler wouldn,t be enough to get him to sing.

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Bass lover ray , not a fancier ,,,,,, :embarrass: i dont think.... :laugh: :laugh:.

19. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

North Sea Dav? I thought you'd made the journey back up to the Mull for them fellas.I hope you rolled that rock back to where it belonged too. :secret: :secret:.Those Knuckleheads come in 3 sizes stick to the smaller 2 sizes unless you know summat I don't.The smaller of the 3 has the most movement between head n body,they are supposed to mimic a wounded fish at rest.

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

How things have changed since 2008.... Haven't had one lure caught bass yet this season and its almost August. Happy memory's though of times gone by. Dav's now got the Seatrout bug.