1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire Bass

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Matt79jh, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Matt79jh

Matt79jh Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi,
    I've just joined this forum for some help and guidance with Luring for Bass.

I have recently got the bass bug after fishing in lanzarote and cathing my first bass on lures which made a change from the usual fresh water luring that I do.

So far I have had 3 visits on the north east coast, have done a little research so have a little knowledge where the bass my be, but no where near enough!

All 3 visits where made in the day time, 2x to reighton sands beach which Is a place I am very familiar with, which for safety reasons, is why I chose to visit there first. I knew there was allot of food source there but not allot of features.

Yesterday I visited robin hoods bay, I was totally excited when I got there and saw the gullies and likly spots at low tide! but it was hard fishing with masses of loose and floating weed in the water fauling my hooks every cast and the water was coloured too.

I know I limit my chance greatly by fishing in mid day but not living close to the coast, it is sometimes hard to get there at the right times.

I know that no-body in there right mind would give up info on good fishing marks, but any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, like general areas?

Does anyone offer free guiding service or offer to take me out sometime and show me the ropes?

Being a lure angler I have the dreaded lure buying addiction and am desperatly trying not to buy anymore bass lures before I get into catching some bass!

Any Help would be greatly welcomed

Cheers

Matt

2. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

alright matt welcome to the site. iv just been fishing for a good few year now but just started plugging this year so im no use to you :laugh: but there is a lot of top blokes with a hell of a lot of knowledge and info on this site to help you out im sure they will give you some pointers

scotty

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

sent you a pm wit afew pointers mate. Best thing to do is pick venues and work vey hard at them. Once find some bass, takegood note of te terrain and look for similar features elsewhere on the coast. Also read around the site and use the search page :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/search/