1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YORKSHIRE BASS FISHING - shore bass fishing with lures

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cobra, Mar 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. cobra

cobra NIL TAURUS EXCRETUM

Hi all. Has anyone got any ideas on what would be the best time of year to try shore lure fishing for bass on the yorkshire coast and what areas to try. cheers :wink:

2. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Re: shore bass fishing

hi cobra,this is my first year of plugging for bass.and im sure some of lads on here can steer you better than me ( though dont expect any precise locations!)..but my guess is mid april and flamboro northwards..best of luck bud!

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

now mate if you look back there was a thred about the bass lure/plug mate . not long ago.

4. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

I wouldn't waste your time. Wait until the mackerel arrive, at least you might get the chance to take something home!

Don't want to dampen the rampant enthusiasm on here, but be prepared for quite a few bass-less trips. The way some folk talk you would think the Yorkshire coast is swarming with bass. It isn't. You might find a spot where you can get the odd fish on a regular basis, then again, you might not. Chances are more likely the latter, but you might get lucky.

Tight lines.

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Biscuit, we'll have to get you out with us lot this summer :wink:

This time last year I had never seen a bass let alone caught one. Since then I've bagged well over a hundred or so - as did a few of us (ok off the kayak but they are in reach of the shore) , most returned and as long as those pair trawlers haven't wiped them out they will be there again this spring. Think I had my 1st Yorkshire bass in the last week in May, having had a few in Guernsey earlier than this.

Now the big mamas . . .thats a different story but lets hope this is the year of a double figure fish :happy:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i was talking to a good friend the other day and he was down the pier having a brew and some bloke was fishing behind the coffee pot and he had 3 bass or bass to be they were small and went back to get a bit bigger,

there out there just have to look i am on my first summer for bass and looking forward to it and the pollock and wrasse.. bring on summer

7. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Now that's a bit naughty - you shouldn't really go posting figures like that. Not only will you falsely get up the hopes of thousands, but you might increase the numbers of pair trawlers!

What day are you going on the safety course thingy (@ Runswick) in April? Be good to meet up and discuss bragging rights for bass!! :canadian:

No seriously though, it will be good to meet some fellow followers of the bass. Finest fish that swims in sea, IMHO.

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I don't think anything I have to say is going to increase the pair trawlers mate :happy: Theres plenty of bass out there, have a search of the yakking reports from last summer, then check the success of Dav, Gary, Ramrod and a few of the other bass anglers from last year. :wink:

Will be there from the friday mate, bring your bassin gear, bit early but you never know :happy: - if the water is clear its worth a go :happy:

9. Howard

Howard Blenny

If you dont mind bait fishing then there are plenty to be had on the Holderness. Just plop fresh worm out 15-30 yds or so in a gentle sea and you will pick up schoolies and the odd bigger fish. Forget plugging though the water never clears enough.

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Just setting the record straight. I would say to everyone keep an open mind on what is available on the coast. Read past posts and send a few PM's. My own experience is there is plenty of bass on this coast, they are widespread, and in certain places the Yorkshire coastline is swarming with them. You wont find many posts on where and when as there is a lot of secrecy (Some might even want to tell you there is none), but people like quint, ken and Dave, GJW and Dav have given a lot of hints and tips that can help. If you want bass over 6 pound ask quint and Dave.

I remember one July evening last summer sat 200 yards off the shore catching school bass like mackerel. One a cast, every cast for about an hour. Like Ken, my personal tally for the season would be 100+. This is not bragging its just been open and helpful. Its possible for everyone else to do the same and everyone should remember that fishing on this coastline is not solely for them.

Check out the right sidebar menu on this page -

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/bass-fishing-methods.php

you might find some interesting bits on there.

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Also some info here :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=28

12. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

I'm already on record as saying they're like catching mackerel once you find them. :yes: