1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire 4s - Round One - Rh Bay

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

We fished our first round last night, that is Lawsy, cassy, matty garbutt and myself.

I chose to fish RHB my first visit of the season down there, id been and reeced it through the day and it looked just right. I didnt know what to expect with the match and with the person i was fishing against, but it all panned out alright

Mark (sorry i didnt get your second name) from filey fished with me, I parked up and first stop was landing scar, still plenty of water in the back. I was set up fast as id got my gear ready earlier in the day, first cast and we settled in for a natter, the wind was strong on our backs so had to concentrate harder to feel the bites a bit . . .

rat tat, there was my first bite within minutes of casting my crab and worm cocktail, that resulted in a fat codling which later weighed in as my heaviest fish of 4lb 13oz. we fished the fast ebbing tide all the way down, until the last hour of the tide, as i wanted to get on to sewer hole for a cast.

I took a further 2 fish out of landing scar before moving and hung another two up, another 4lber and a 37cm mop.
    we arrived at sewer hole with high expectations, but the colour wasnt as thick and there was loose weed floating about, we had two casts, i missed a bite on my second, but felt that a return to the landings would be better.

on arrival back there, the tide had completely left leaving a kelp jungle, i said to mark sod well chuck in that channel only 20 mins of match left, we both cast, i did an underarm swing in the channel it was so close.

mark went down for his first fish and got a nice 2lber, and i did exactly the same as some surge pushed through, we only had 5 or 10 mins left so we both cast in again, mark got another and i hung my gear up on a bite.

we finished at 10 pm and went back to meet the lads, tonight produced my best bag of the season for me weighing 11lb 7 oz, with my best fish do far of 4lb 13oz, a really enjoyable night, we all finished off with a pint in the fleece afterwards recounting out own personal experiences of that night, all the lads from down filey were a great bunch,

looking forward to the next round now!

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good report rich do you have to fish with the lad you are fishing against ???? Bonnie fish mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Yes mate side by side its good if you get a good lad as it teaches you new marks

5. Borissped

Borissped Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report Rich & good bag!

6. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

Smashing report ,I could almost feel every bite lol ,think marks lost his mojo,even bigger lol

7. robq

robq Rockling

Thanks for reporting Rich 8) a good read and some good insight into the marks in last nights conditions :)

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Fantastic report Rich and great result, well done bud

9. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

not all mate, the bites he went down for he landed fish good hook up rate in my eyes

10. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Mark Colling was the lad you were fishing against

11. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

I do apologise,marks certainly not lost his mojo ,he had the heaviest flatfish in the John smiths open lol....................................ohhh and one 9-10 as well lol well done sharky

12. robq

robq Rockling

Good tactics jumping on pulpit for a flattie mark ;D well done the pig I could have sworn it was 10 plus :eek: