1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire 4s - Goodbye & Goodnight...!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mww, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mww

mww Rockling

Well, my team made our usual start in the Yorkshire 4s last night, with the usual exit at the first hurdle result....

Drawn against Ian Tommos Rock Anglers Club team, with brother Kev, Pete Atkinson & a bloke called Ramsrod or something - pretty evil night, bit of wind, lot of rain, but a nice tide, tiny bit of movement & a good bit of colour.

Kev took Dave Beelo to the left hand side of Cloughton, same as that Ramroddy bloke took me, Pete A took Pete B to nipe Point & Ian took Dave Cross to their traditional Creek Point battleground.

Pick of the venues seemed to be Nipe Point, the Pete's had 2 codlings apiece, with Pete A taking the point on weight.

Ian T managed the only size fish, a mop, between him & Crossy, to take a second point, & Kev t beat Beelo 2 mops to 1 courtesy of his lucky reel for their 3rd point.

I think Rodram must have known the scores, & let me edge him out with a single mop to nowt.. Rumours taht I'd threatened to show him how to tie a Bimini if he didn't let me win are not true!!

Hence the Rocks lads went through 3-1. :cry:

Good luck in the next round, hope you get some conditions a bit more conducive to a good bag of fish!! :yes:

Mart

2. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Thanks Martin and thanks for an enjoyable night's fishing! I think with a bit more luck on your side you could easily have beaten us!

3. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Unlucky Mart. We are making an excursion up to Whitby next Friday, we might get to try a bit of new ground. I'll report how we get on.

4. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we,ve drawn the cps crew away not fished yet. they going out lol :laugh: :laugh: :butt:

5. cps

cps Rockling

we will see , john eny chance of geting the trophy back think you said you were putting in the marine hotel

6. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

I'll look into that Chris. I thought we left it in the red Lion. I'll have a word with Mick and Mark and check it out !!

7. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

were fishing against hornsey at home on friday fingers crossed there will be some swell left look forward to these matches chance to meet some new anglers and that

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

unlucky mart, was the mini fudge nugget telling of how powerfull the crystal orbs are becoming again, cos i think they are about to shine again for some reason

9. glassback

glassback Blenny

well it was our turn to fish last night in the 4,s hornsea v whitby it was a good night weather wise,but the swell had droped of so it made it a bit harder to find fish.
    but well done to whitby lads who won on there home ground
    john porter 1 mop and 1 rockling v rob alanson1 mop 1 rockling john won bgger mop.
    mick wright 1 mop v ben laws 3 mops ben won
    martin salvidge 0 v paul short 1 rockling paul won
    andy barmby 0 v andrew cass 0
    well done lads it was a good night

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Whitby lads, especially Lawsey as thats a hell of a scalp to take mate.

11. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we also said goodbye to 4,s other nite
    we scalby mills fished against cps,s crew

chris had 7 fish 15lb mark thomas had 4 fish 10lb
    andy crow had 4 fish 6llb pete dunn had 5 fish 7lb
    mal norriss o luke ingle 1 fish 1lb
    rich johnson had 3 fish 5lb mat hillaby 0

2-2 on nite
    cps crew won on aggregate

12. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

and the 2 rocklings glen and lost another in the kelp dont think i would have done as good if there was some sea but it was a good night

13. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Beaten by a rockling . :cry: They should be banned !! :cheesy: Enjoyed the night lads learnt a bit about a new venue. Well done Ben you showed us how to do it. Good luck in the next round.

14. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

cheers bud i think i showed you how to be spawney not sure it was all skill last night cheers hornsea it was a good match and was nice to meet some new lads