1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yesterdays report 25/10..Flamborough and Bemmo

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mark Gelder, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Had to work to almost mid-day so decided on fishing 3up/2 down @ a mark called Butchers at Flamborough. Having never fished this before I was told by my ‘fishing guru’ that conditions would be perfect……………….
    A pic of what I saw as soon as I got there, colour as thick as soup with a good SE swell rolling, perfect....

[​IMG]

Baits were mussel/cart/crab on a 5/0……………

[​IMG]

Nothing much happened for the 1st hour until the back had filled up a bit bit more, after casting out my 3rd cast I got a call from the ‘trouble n strife’ just as I got my 1st good bite, it turned into a cracking bite as I was holding the rod in 1 hand whilst hanging up on the wife with the other…lol…..I managed to hook the fish but was a few seconds before I could attempt to reel in, I could feel it thumping away but could not move it, the walk of death resulted in a loss of everything. Next cast I was into a better fish which turned out to be a nice billet(I think?)…………

[​IMG]

At this point I was pretty hopefull but after 2 more casts which resulted in a rockling and a finicky bite I was beginning to think it was going to be another cod-blank during the day. I was joined by another angler shortly after who echoed ‘Quints’ opinion, saying conditions were pretty much perfect, I had 1 more cast and then with the wind dying I decided to head upto Bemmo……

I arrived and was fishing by around 5.30, the sea was well coloured and I was very optimistic. Nothing much happened until around 6.30 when I managed a mop, quickly followed by a better fish. It went very quiet after that. At around 9ish the weather completely changed with a really strong wind arriving from knowhere together with a proper storm which was lighting up Filey/Scarborough, the rain was horizontal. I decided to sit it out for around 45 mins, my rod was banging away but there was no way I was reeling it in, when I eventually did after 45 mins, I had a mop on. The weather then improved and I knew that as we were approaching LW I had a good chance of bagging a few more, sure enough the next 3 casts resulted in 3 fish all within about 30 mins. It was now LT and I p.ss wet through so decided to head home………………………….

[​IMG]

Strange thing with the 6 codling was that I had 2 @36cm, 2 @41cm & 2 @46cm, didn’t realise till I laid em out for a pic……………………………

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

well done Mark, top fishing mate.

3. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Congrats mark

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Mark excellent fishing and a great report as well.

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Did somebody say Flamborough ?