1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yesterdays report 25/10..Flamborough and Bemmo

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mark Gelder, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Had to work to almost mid-day so decided on fishing 3up/2 down @ a mark called Butchers at Flamborough. Having never fished this before I was told by my ‘fishing guru’ that conditions would be perfect……………….
    A pic of what I saw as soon as I got there, colour as thick as soup with a good SE swell rolling, perfect....

Baits were mussel/cart/crab on a 5/0……………

Nothing much happened for the 1st hour until the back had filled up a bit bit more, after casting out my 3rd cast I got a call from the ‘trouble n strife’ just as I got my 1st good bite, it turned into a cracking bite as I was holding the rod in 1 hand whilst hanging up on the wife with the other…lol…..I managed to hook the fish but was a few seconds before I could attempt to reel in, I could feel it thumping away but could not move it, the walk of death resulted in a loss of everything. Next cast I was into a better fish which turned out to be a nice billet(I think?)…………

At this point I was pretty hopefull but after 2 more casts which resulted in a rockling and a finicky bite I was beginning to think it was going to be another cod-blank during the day. I was joined by another angler shortly after who echoed ‘Quints’ opinion, saying conditions were pretty much perfect, I had 1 more cast and then with the wind dying I decided to head upto Bemmo……

I arrived and was fishing by around 5.30, the sea was well coloured and I was very optimistic. Nothing much happened until around 6.30 when I managed a mop, quickly followed by a better fish. It went very quiet after that. At around 9ish the weather completely changed with a really strong wind arriving from knowhere together with a proper storm which was lighting up Filey/Scarborough, the rain was horizontal. I decided to sit it out for around 45 mins, my rod was banging away but there was no way I was reeling it in, when I eventually did after 45 mins, I had a mop on. The weather then improved and I knew that as we were approaching LW I had a good chance of bagging a few more, sure enough the next 3 casts resulted in 3 fish all within about 30 mins. It was now LT and I p.ss wet through so decided to head home………………………….

Strange thing with the 6 codling was that I had 2 @36cm, 2 @41cm & 2 @46cm, didn’t realise till I laid em out for a pic……………………………
  2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

well done Mark, top fishing mate.
  3. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Congrats mark

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Mark excellent fishing and a great report as well.
  5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Did somebody say Flamborough ?