1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yesterdays fishing 28/09

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mark Gelder, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Arrived at Sandsend to a 'sexy' looking sea, fished Bernies on flood, Rabbits on ebb for 1 coalie, Deadly lossed a cod on retrieve. A bit dissheartened we pondered and decided to head for Dyke end, Flamborough as we were guarenteed cod up there :whistle: :cheesy: Wish someone would have told the cod, it was rubbish, left around midnight totally p'#%ed off. Whilst up there we saw 2 lights fishing the bird sanctuary, wouldn't think it would be anyone on here but my god why not wait 3 days when you can do it without breaking any rules (rant over).

Next report will be when bird sanctuary opens for business next week. Tried and failed to do an udated report from bernies but my mobi just wouldn't play ball.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sadly, every year you get the ar$eholes fishing in there before it opens.

Not sure if they could ever stop you from fishing on the cliffs as we have right to roam etc, but for gods sake why not just respect their wishes and use their code of conduct to keep everyone happy.

Would love to know who it is.

3. Baramundi Bob

Unlucky on fishing also. What I would say about Bernies is it really does need a far heavier sea than what you had yesterday. Fished best when its whiting out every so often. On a day like yesterday Id have been tempted with a look at somewhere like Boulby.

4. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

always next time mate dyke end was fished out in festivals got harder and harder been lights up on sanctuary cliffs for last month or so they will have it totally banned for everyone should be named and shamed :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

5. Baramundi Bob

Yeah, Id be happy to name and shame them on here.

6. Steve

Steve Rockling

sorry to say mark, glenn and the rest. but as long as sites like this exist and advertise places like bempton. you will always get anglers up there. anglers have been fishing up there since july and its not locals although some do break the rules, but its the internet anglers, those that come from Hull Leeds, York, and the rest. and unless sites like these stop putting posts up like what happens most octobers, the one that state Bempton or its that time of year for bempton to fish then anglers will try and go up there earlier and earlier. filey festival anglers fishing from stacks south. sorry but is that not at bempton. mark, sorry but as long as iv fished up there dyke end is bempton. ok it marks the boundry but its still bempton.. all this name and shame will get you no where. you could send lads up there on a night to try and stop people fishing, but what will they do apart from get flattened by some cod edd.

sorry for the rant but its my view

7. N.INGLIS 28.8

N.INGLIS 28.8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I fished dug out last year and the rubbish was unreal.metal food cans with sharp tops ripped of with a can opener.These people will spoil it for everyone.

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

That's one of the main problems there neil and probably be the one that gets the anglers banned.

Steve anglers have always flaunted the rules up there even before the site existed. It is responsible for highlighting areas, bempton included, but also highlights the rules and regulations. Personally I think the anglers are a bit closer to home along with rubbish issue which is usually cart wrappings.

9. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ay blame it on anyone but you steve, i come from leeds as do plenty of other anglers who use this forum and not one person i know has been on bempton since last season so if you want to sling mud start a bit closer to home ,sure the lads from cass donny and other places wont be happy that we all screw it up for everyone else if your to be believed steve.
    rant over.

frank

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Quite sure ive seen a few of your fishy reports from up there bud, is that not advertising Bempton??? Also just to point out Dyke end is not the boundary, Staple Nook is and thirdly im not the one who is breaking rules up there, nor are the vast majority of anglers i know regularly who fish it, what i will say is that the people fishing the other night came after us so arrived around 9ish and left around 12.30, definatly wouldn't have thought these were travelling a great distance to fish 3.5hrs. im all up for naming and shaming..............

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

October tomorrow at last....well in 4 hours......sth west wind tomorrow night ......I wonde how many will be up in the gods tomorrow night ? :cool: