1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow cross

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by tiphook, Jan 24, 2009.

1. tiphook

tiphook Only Singing When I'm Fishing

of to the yellow cross anyone got any repost :wink:

2. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

come again?lol

3. tiphook

tiphook Only Singing When I'm Fishing

its a fishing mark on the south bank of the humber :yes:

4. scunny

scunny New Member

fished the woods yesterday i did not catch anything and my tripod got blew and pulled over breaking
    five rod eyes some one said they were catching a few at the yellow cross
    scunny

5. cleeclive

cleeclive Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Baramundi Bob,

I have been racking my brains about Wurzel

This could be a guy called Mick Mahon. Originally he was fishing out of Grimsby then got his immigration papers to head across the Tamar and settled in Newlyn under the wing of the Stevenson Mafia. He skippered a big boat for a wile and eventually sold his licence to a flagship operator and moved into the under 10m sector where he became a strong political figure supporting the Save Britains Fish Campaign blaming the Spanish for all of Cornwall's Fishing problems. His boat was featured in a documentary on fishing that was put out in the early 90s by the BBC, and he took umbridge with me when I wrote to Fishing News complementing them on putting out a very balanced view of the situation. I would guess he is now retired and enjoying following this saga on his computer. All of his cynical comments although very true and from sound experience fit with Mick, but I could be wrong!!

Cleeclive