1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yakking tonight, Flambards (02/08/07)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well the yakking armarda gathered again this time instaed of a secret location we had decided on Flamborough Nth Landing ;D.

I was last to arrive and the other yakkers Iain (quint), a new lad Dave (maiden voyage for him), Keith (volusion + son) were all already well out. Keith was at the entrance to Nth landing bay and his lad was playing in the swell on his small sport yak (not fishing).
    Iain and Dave could not be seen but had said to me that they intended to fish the flood drifting down to Selwicks on the flood and then possibly try for the bass and pollock on the ebb back towards the bay.

The tide was ripping through of the bay mouth and as Keith described it , the scar out in front of Five Arches was causing the sea to boil and was kicking the yak all over , Scary Mary !!!

Once out into the tide proper and paddling sth towards Braille the yak was almost up on to plane.....belting along at 6.8-7.2 mph Yeeeeehaaaa !!!! was soon down to where I could see an orange yak and guessed that was new Dave (he will hopefully be registering on the forum soon), Iain was stealth mode in his dark clothing and green Yak !!!! mind you , you can usually home in on his big grin as his rod is more often than not bent double with fish....how does that boy do it....???

Only a few more minutes and I d covered the 1/4 of a mile to them.Just in time for them to take a break and gloat in the fact that they'd already caught some decent cod when the tide wasn t as strong.

I managed one small mop, that I lassooed with my home made woolley lures (a'la quint styleee) but nothing else, no bass and no pollock just lost loads of gear and got whipped along on the drifts at a stupid rate.

Then the wind turned and was not only the tide pushing us along but the wind was then sending us out to sea at a rather alarming speed, so we decided to head back towards Nth Landing and call it a day.

Oh well you can t bag up every time and todays tide was too much for us lil yakkers to be able to fish that location really, at least we know for next time.
    The sea was still quite coloured too which didn t help either.

Sorry no pics of the fish or of much at sea either as the tide was hard work and so never got the camera out.

Only managed a few of new Dave battling the small swell and waves to land backwards , again a technique mr quint has declared the going method for getting in through any surf/swell.

The best part of the day after the drag up the slipway was the fact that the bar was still open and new Dave bought us all a beer to make up for the fact that on his first trip out he stuffed us both and caught some cracking fish on a difficult evening...well done that man....and cheers the beers are on me next time... ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Phewwwy in at last...!!)(new Dave)

Cheers Dave.

2. gforce

gforce Blenny

nice report great pics it looks like it was a nice evening,will be round there over the weekend not in a yak tho bit too old for that
    regards steve

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

As usual a good report Dave, sorry Jellyworm - indeed the tide was too strong, "Bubba" had the right idea took one look at the tide and went round the corner where he had a bit of sport but forgot his prawns! - well done to "new dave", some nice cod in difficult conditions - hopefully soon a forum member

4. mww

mww Rockling

Wot no Ramrod? ???

Must have been at home polishing his plug collection...that's the way it always goes!! ;D

Hope the weather hangs around for the weekend!!

Mart

5. newdave

newdave Guest

thanks for the picky's Dave, sure Ian said he had picked a nice easy trip to start with, reckon after a couple of months Kayak fishing i should be ready to enter the Coal hump.

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

To all yakking members who live near the sea if the sea stays do-able aas far as yakking goes then give us a bell as I might not be near the pc but am off work Sat/Sun and monday day time before nights next week and am keen to have another crack, but probably not at Flambro , not until the tide height falls away a bit, we could have gone water skiing behind mine on the way down to Braille last night over 7 mph on the gps....!!! proper daft

Cheers Dave.....sorry Jellyworm...hee heee