1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yak caught lobster !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Jun 4, 2007.

1. robq

robq Rockling

My first one today !! unfortunately it was well undersize so had to go back :'( :'(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Did you get all your pots back Rob? There,s going to be east in the wind all week but its easing off as the week goes by, Saturday,s looking the best bet up till now.

3. robq

robq Rockling

Nah :'( :'( I only got 1 out 3 back !! I learnt a lesson about where no to set them though and at £4.50 a go its not the end of the world I suppose and at least I know that they work.
    I was in 2 minds whether to go today with the freshening north wind but was going to have a go at trolling off south landing if the sea was too bad on the north side, as it turned out there was only a bit of chop on. The weather doesnt look to clever for the next 4 days as you say Ramrod but hopefully will settle down after that. I only got 1 little mop about 2lb on a pirk, the wind and tide combined were making the drifts too fast really, am going to have to get that anchor trolley sorted so that I can use the drogue.
    Have you been on Volusians site today yet ? He has organised a filey meet for june 16th, I am keeping fingers crossed etc for a bit of settled weather and a cod or 2 ;D ;D

Rob

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I think its the Filey summer match that weekend so I,ll be fishing that instead. Are those the lightweight waders you have on with the rubber sock? If so where did you get your neoprene shoes from? Had a look in Scar for some but no luck. I need to get a trolley system set up too, the Chandler/Fishing shop at Brid has some nice little pulley,s in Rob, just the job they are.

5. robq

robq Rockling

They are greys grx breathable waders as I get too hot and sweaty in my neoprenes or even pvc waders. the shoes are the cheapo neoprene jobs from a shoe shop in hull £3.99 ;D ;D I had to get the size 12 to go over the waders neoprene socks, they do keep my feet nice and toasty though when fishing side saddle. I would have thought one of those "tat" shops on the front at scarboro would sell them Ray ?? I will look up the chandlers in brid as I will be doing the trolley next week I think. Keep yours eyes peeled in you match you might just see us :(

6. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

no ray, you go yak lobstering and leave the shore fishing to someone who needs the points ;D

7. cps

cps Rockling

i might just come out of retirement myself for that one ray, see if i can rember how to whip your but ;D like the good old days [ befor kids ]

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Your memories better than I thought Chris ;D

9. Lobbers

chris surely you will whip him on your own turf? i will be there to watch and learn, ;D

10. cps

cps Rockling

the way I've shaped lately ray you ought to be more worried about my lad kyle than me ;D
    anyway mww may insist we go and hunt for tope which is the main reson you dont see as much of me in the festvals as you used to ;D

11. Lobbers

well i will give hime a whipping instead then chris ::)

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

;D ;D

I love it.

You go Topeing Chris and Ill nip down your spot for a big spragg ;) ;D

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It,s tough at the top ;D Everyone wanting your scalp and all that. See you all back at the weigh-in ;)

14. Lobbers

you would need a hell of a hessian sack to carry all that scalp ;D ;D

15. mww

mww Rockling

Think somebody must have had my scalp a year or 2 ago....

Mart