1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xmas fishing - flamborough or filey?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by nicksan, Oct 29, 2008.

1. nicksan

nicksan New Member

Im after a bit of help if poss, usually around christmas we go for a days fishing off the pier at Whitby but never catch anything. This year i'm looking to go somewhere different, maybe Flamborough or Filey. Which would anyone reccomend and what bait, rigs etc should I be using?
    We'll probably be aiming to arrive for afternoon into evening fishing but this can be changed if there is a much better chance of fish at other times.

cheers for any help guys :)

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

It's too far off to give you advice mate,it could be a massive northerly sea in which case both the venues you mention will be no good.Wait until about a week before you are coming and you will get all the info you need... tight lines

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

We would probably then direct you back to Whitby Piers. Fishing is all about the weather.

4. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

Had a 6lb 3oz bass at Flamborough last Saturday, on mussels. I will definitely be back soon.