1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wykeham

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Jacko44, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

Thinking about heading over for a day session as I have a free Saturday on the horizon and most of the waters I would normally head to will have lads on for the weekend. Has anyone fished the carp lake over the last year at all? Had any joy? I was also thinking about heading to Brooklands at Brompton but I seem to remember there been some fairly random rules there the last time I went, no Boilies, no plastic, no loose fed corn? I think anyway. Any info would be grand anyway lads, Cheers!!

Jacko.

2. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Jacko

Give them a ring first try 0794653400 , I think the guy running it may have moved on, his lease was due to expire at the end of last year.

There may be others on here with more upto date info?

Will

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

3. TheMachine

TheMachine Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was told that the Balif had moved on too, might be taking my son down when it warms up a bit

4. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Mike has moved on, under new management, lakes are still open.

5. WillW

Thanks Mike

Does that mean the estate have taken it back to manage or re-leased it?

Hope it stays open as potentially one of the best trout stillwaters in the north!

Will

6. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

From what I understand some one else has the lease, I'm having a run over two weeks time, me little lad plaguing me to go fishing so going to visit my old stomping ground. Interesting to see what if anything happens, like to see pike lake with a good stock of carp.

7. WillW

Cheers Mike

Will have to have a drive out soon a see what the deal is, just need to find an excuse for a meeting in that direction ;-)

Wonder if Mike found anywhere else to take on, I know he as looking?!

Will