1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wykeham winter lake

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mattiethomp, Jan 21, 2014.

1. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Howdy all does anybody have the phone number for the lad who runs it now just read mike t s post from last year and I'm planning a trip, also anybody wet a line there recently need a back up still water all the yorkshire rivers are fubared cheers

2. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Alright mate, I have tried getting hold of the number but not managed. I have been fancying it for a while but not found the time. Have to let us know if you get any info on the place now

3. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If you're on Facebook I've had some communication with them via https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=181254338588059

Good luck!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

4. mike_t

Just went through Facebook page and messaged £8 a day ticket two rods. No night fishing

5. mattiethomp

Cheers mike might fish it next week if rivers are still bolloxed

6. mike_t

The way the forecast is looking they will be lol, I want a trip back on there but got that much I want to do I don't know where to start lol. I do love the pike lake tho think I need another session on there :D

7. mattiethomp

Fished it yesterday for a big fat blank :'( :-[ :'(
    Still enjoyed it tho, my mate had a run which he managed to miss ::) it was £8 for two rods n liveys were a quid a shot so plenty of promise goin back next week fingers xed so will report here

8. Davo

Davo Rockling

Hard luck bud, but you might be better off fishing the Tees and cheaper too.

9. congerball

congerball Blenny

Eh up lads I'm not on Facebook, is there a number for contact details? Pm if you wish.
    Just had a 350 mile round trip to norfolk for 9 pike...no doubles. Very disappointed....so looking for some waters closer to home. Would appreciate any info on lake itself, still a bit of a drive but sounds like it could be worth it.

Anyone know of any marks in the lake district?

10. WillW

Phone number is 07515992981 lad who runs it is called Jake. Not sure if its still the case but their website was run by the estate that win the lakes and updates were often slow, best to call.

Also they've just put up a pic of a 46lb 11oz pike up on Facebook so I suspect the phone will be busy :)

Will

11. mike_t

From the trout lake that and it is syndicate only.

12. WillW

Thanks Mike! I was led to believe they still offer trout fishing on the trout lake, how does that work with the pike syndicate? I would have the thought the two would not work that well together?!

13. mike_t

That's the one I have not got my head around, I can not see how they would work side by side, unless the pike lads are mid week only and section the lake off.
    They will pull in a lot more advertisement from a pike like that than any trout fishing. It's one hell of a fish, take some beating.