1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wykeham Trout Lake 19/03/11

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mattylamb, Mar 19, 2011.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Decided on a session at Wykeham today, a venue I had never fished before.

Arrived just as some guys from Anglng Times were landing the big pike that was caught last week. It had lost a pound or so but still weighed over 44lb. I had a good look at it, what a fish!

Anyway fished for a few hours and managed 9 rainbows, including a nice one of about 6 and a half lb. A real nice days sport and a nice lake wit loads of features

caught 3 on a black lure, 5 on a dawsons nomad and the biggest on a hares ear.

friendly staff as well, so the place gets a thumbs up from me :yes:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one bud.

Almost went Pike fishing there today but figured that place would of been hammered because of that fish.

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Nice one Matty, a 6.5lb rainbow must scrap well. Whats the rates on their and fish limits?

44lb pike? Hell, as Sam says, that place will be in for some hammer from now on wont it? Is it a big lake? For the fish to be out twice in two weeks is going to put a lot of stress on it, dont you think?

Ken

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

yeah the big one scrapped really well Ken, but the average fish is 3lb so you get a good scrap from them all.

It was £20 for the day, catch and release. they do have other rates such as 4 hour tickets etc but not sure what they are and the website is out of date.

yeah that big pike has been caught 3 times now, I was talking to the lad who caught it the first time when it was 39lb. it has gone back strongly every time though

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

6. robin hood

robin hood New Member

The pike fishing is only being allowed on the trout lake until the end of this month

7. mww

mww Rockling

I was there today, no pike anglers on today, or at least they weren't at 3pm.

Only managed a couple of trout, but apparrently it fished really well earlier inm the day. Probably have an hour or 2 Sunday.

Mart

8. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

U using robs magic flys lol

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one matty , sounded you had a good day out ....
    I love lure fishing for the pike and perch in the predator lake , especially on a eveing when you can watch them chasing your lue with your poloroids on ...quality.

10. mww

mww Rockling

back again yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours, had 2 rainbows & this brownie, maybe 2-3lb

[​IMG]

hadn't fished as well yesterday as it had on Saturday by all accounts.

Mart

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done lads some nice catches there. i tried scaling yesterday., had 2 on bait and lost one on a black nomad

12. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

i went in jan pikeing and that big one came out of the trout lake not the pike lake the guy there said its a lad who works there caught it because he is doing a fishery management course at college and aparantly he is the only one alloud to fish for them in that lake ????

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

i met that lad on saturday, seemed a nice lad, he caught it first when it was 39lb odd

14. bucko

bucko New Member

15. NorthWestern

NorthWestern Blenny

[​IMG] another big pike from Wykeham

16. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A beauty. What size mate?