1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wykeham Sunday 20/04/08

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mww, Apr 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mww

mww Rockling

Back again last Sunday afternoon - not too cold despite strongish E'ly wind. Fished mainly small damsels & black buzzers on a sinktip. Got 3 rainbows through what was a fairly hard afernoon.

Towards end of my session, tried off the platform nearest the lodge - was having to cast into the wind, which was..erm...challenging, but got 1 or 2 decent casts in. Missed one pull, & couple of casts later hooked & landed this:

[​IMG]

I'd love to say it succumbed to the application of a fine example of the flyfisher's art...but unfortunately I'd be fibbing....came on one of the casts that didn't quite turnover right into the wind - I was stripping the unsunk line back to recast & the brownie nailed the damsel as it skittered across the surface.....fought really well, had the full line out & 20yds of backing at times - didn't actually relise it was a brownie until it was in the net. Didn't weigh it, but probably 8lb ish (the net's a 26" carp spoon as a gauge), my best brownie by about 5 1/2lb!!. Went back ok after a bit of nursing, so it's still there for you if you want a try...

Mart

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Flippin heck! That's one hell of a fish Mart :surprise: Looks like one proper chunky monkey!

3. woody

woody New Member

nice fish mate ! :surprise:

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

Thats a very stocky,well conditioned Brownie Mart,a stonking fish :happy:

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done mart, a nice brownie :happy:

6. SALMO

SALMO Blenny

A great looking brownie there mart,in prime condition,Well done :happy:.