1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wykeham Saturday 10 Jan 09

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mww, Jan 11, 2009.

1. mww

mww Rockling

Guys

for those of you interested in a bit of fluff chucking, went to Wykeham yesterday & despite the Baltic conditions - line was freezing in the rings all afternoon - the fishing was excellent.

Although I didn't get there until around midday, & got the usual stories from the guys there or just leaving, that it had fished really well in the morning - it continued to fish very nicely.

Most folks were fishing the South side, mainly as the wind was coming from behind, & helped keep the extremities attached!!

Amazingly most fish were coming pretty shallow - tactics that produced were skinny damsels/ small lures quite slowly retrieved on floating/ slow intermediates, & flexi-bloodworms/ blobs under indicators 2-4ft down swung round on the breeze or static. The latter was a fairly popular technique in that it could be employed with one hand in the pocket!!

I landed 5 or 6 rainbows to about 3lb, missed many more - more efficient anglers had totals of 15-20 fish.

Well worth a visit....

Mart

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Mart, great result considering how cold it is. Still a pretty place to fish even in the depths of winter.

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done Mart, i love a bit of fly fishing. Shame i dont get the time anymore