1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wykeham Feb 2008

Discussion in 'Marts (MWW) Pics' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. langy

langy Rockling

2 good fish there well done :happy:

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

I've had some cracking days on there in the past Glenn,thats when in was ran by the late Eric Thompson.My PB came off there, a rainbow 10lb8oz,i never seemed to snaffle a good brownie though,biggest would have gone about 3 lb.I heard it was a shadow of it's former self when the new baliff took over from Eric,but since it has changed staff again i have not fished it...tight lines

4. mww

mww Rockling

Unfortunately I never got the chance to fish Wykeham when Eric ran it, & know that it had a heck of a reputation - however, that's not to say that it isn't still pretty good nowadays.

It's been fishing really well recently, I was there for a couple of hours on Saturday - the catch returns book showed numerous bags of over 10 trout through the week, & I spoke to one of the regulars as he was leaving, he'd had around 10 trout that morning.

Seems that first thing's the time to be there at the moment - I wasn't :no: & only got one rainbow, & only had another 2 or 3 chances. A guy down the north side had 7 or 8 while I was there, though.

Looking to get down there this weekend, although with the weather forecast I might be better at Robin Hood's Bay!!!

Mart

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i had my first pike from there on a wobbled dead bait, GREAT :cheesy:

6. NorthWestern

NorthWestern Blenny

Just remind me Paul how big was it :laugh: :laugh:

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

10 pund ?? :whistle: :wink: :happy:

8. bucko

bucko Guest

Never fished it myself but a lad from Bridlington (Dave???) who used to fish the Esk quite a lot swore by it and used to do very well indeed there.