1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrecking Friday And Uptiding Saturday And Sunday on Sea -Otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Mar 2, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

What lovelly weather there has been over the last two days flat calm blue sky cracking to say the least earlyer on in week the forcast was good weather aat the backend of the week a few of lads have been itching at giving the wrecking a go so with fridays forcast it was all systems go.

I had two local lads onboard for the trip gary landlord from the jolly sailors in whitby and dan from whitby angling plus simon and my old mate mac from tyneside i told the lads it was big gamble a very big tide 5.7 was on the cards but with all the southerly winds over the last couple of months i was hopeing for some very clear water the lads were buzzing as i have told them you can get some massive catches in winter off the wrecks but i also said clarity is a must at this time of the year you could also get a bummer.

As soon as we got to the 9 mile i noticed a green tint in water that looked like algie to me sure enough you could see the bits floating in the water we spent a good hour fishing taking around 8 or 9 fish on lures and bait nothing special so i said come on out to the 20 mile to see if we can get better clarity .

Once we arrived out at the 20 mile the lads dropped down again straight away i noticed a green tint in the water it didnt look good we did around 6or 7 drifts over the wreck for 6 or 7 fish again nothing brilliant i said to the lads we are going to head back into the 9 mile for the slack water i am sure the first wreck we fished had plenty of fish on it you just needed an ease in the tide we set off back tothe 9 mile the lads enjoying the flat calm and the nice winter sunshine .

As we arrive back on the 9 mile the tide was slowing and sure enough the fish atarted to come aboard baited shads proved best we had nice couple of hours fishing 1 hour either side of slack before the very big tide started to run again the lads managed around 40 codling plus pollock so all in all not to bad a day but a lot of miles the lads worked very hard for there fish the banter was great simon won the sweep with his nice pollock .

The lads haveing the banter on way out first stop 9 mile for a tester.

Simon says he likes calimari squid but do the fish like it .

[​IMG]

Dan from whitby angling some deadly weapons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First stop 9 mile simon is into a nice fish

[​IMG]

A lovelly pollock.

[​IMG]

Mac gets a nice cod on the bait .

[​IMG]

A pollock for dave my crewman

[​IMG]

Dan likes to fish light but how light i used a rod like this off kiddies corner with me dad dan had some fun a hell of a bend in the rod.

[​IMG]

Today saturday it was back the uptiding and once again what a lovelly day at sea your connor and his dad dave were onboard once again connor got his biggist cod he had ever caught on last visit on sea-otter 2 back in november could he beat that today .

The morning on the ebb today was slow but when the tide turned this afternoon a hell broke lose the fish started to come fast nothing massive today the best around the 7lb mark but everybody on the boat nailed a nice few fish the best lad having 13-14 fish the codling total at the end of the day was 45 so not bad after having very slow morning all the boats were reporting slow fishing in the morning .

The best fish of the day

[​IMG]

Then 1 minuite late he had another on the dec not big fish but such a small fish it nearly took his rod over the side.

[​IMG]

Young connor was rattleing a few out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He couldnt beat this one he got on his lasst trip but he still did well

[​IMG]

All in all a nice day at gary first trip on sea-otter 2 he nailed a nice few.

[​IMG]

Paul

2. stevie62

stevie62 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Wrecking And uptiding The Last Two Days on Sea -Otter 2

Nice report and photo's paul. it was a great day to be at sea, shame the wrecks didn't fish for us today but we gave it a try.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

4. Howard

Howard Blenny

Ace write up Paul cannot wait now. Hoping they will be early and prolific this yr. the signs are there.
    Bass showing in numbers on our beaches early chasing tiny sile up the sand. Might be the complete oppersite to last year.I think that run of codling near us was the spring run 6wk early. Getting all excited for a big year.

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Massive feed marks howard out there the signs look excellent dissapointed couldnt believe e the bloom has come allready but seen it before many times next week tides drop away and the water should clears up we have had a lot of rain water this winter to feed it talking to one of the pottings lads he said there ws black slim on the potts on the 3 mile and that is only one thing algie.

paul.