1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrecking Bananza For The Southport Boys On Sea-Otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Mar 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well today was the day after the windy morning of yesterday which was touch and go whether we got out we had to wait untill today to have a propper go at the wrecks

With a lovelly morning very little wind calm sea small tide hopes were high and the lads new everything was in favour to hit the jackpot i told them to come armed with squid and never leave the shads at home shads can be dynomite this time of the year.

The wrecks i was targetting werent to far off as we arrived i could see the water was fairly green in my mind squid was probably going to be the killer today and after the first drift i wasnt wrong cod and ling were coming aboard some really nice fish the lads fishing with the shads didnt get any takes i said everybody onto squid and sure enough all the rods were soon banging.

A nice cod and ling out of the 5 of 6 fish that came on the first drift.

[​IMG]

The lads were knocking plenty of quality fish out .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lads at the end of the day with just a few of there fish .

[​IMG]

Paul pantelarisco admireing his box of fish paul has been fishing with me for over 20 years he is what you can call an expert in the boat fishing he also had a fantastic uptiding season .

[​IMG]

Out again tommorow different venue could it be shads this time you never know.

paul.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Haha You found them then. I thought the small tides would do it. Well done Paul once again.

3. pavel1983

pavel1983 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am really looking for this Saturday with you Paul, but as usual after a nice week forecast for weekend looks quiet windy.. Touch wood and forecast will change. Cant really wait to open this year season, especially when such nice fish are waiting :)

4. Howard

Howard Blenny

Well done Paul. Nice looking fish too. Good advice is to always have squid as a back-up seems there are good numbers of cod about all over less trawling effort maybe. Have a good week M8.

5. Mark

Mark Blenny

well done paul. hopefully be out with you again shortly.

Cheers Mark.

6. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Cracking that Paul - Hopefully a sign of a good season for you.

BP

7. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Strange how bait still does the damage when the waters a bit green and you can't get a touch on shads yet whilst reading about lure fishing in coloured water you still seem to get takes....you'd have thought that with all the vibrations that these modern day shads give off you'd still get the odd fish but when the skipper says use bait you use bait as they know best...Bring on tomorrow!!!!

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Harlo ur getti g a wrecking trip before me this year u lucky git

cod help me !

9. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Conditions look good for tomorrow although I'm not sure about the tide and hopefully the water will be a bit clearer but that's my excuses made up now but knowing Paul he'll try his hardest as normal

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Satutday for me if weather's ok
    We will see though

cod help me !

11. pavel1983

Satturday looks really bad, hope next one will bring better weather

Tap Tap from my MI2

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Looks like its off pavel fingers crossed for next week mate northerly swell coming the uptiding should fire back up once again beeen a belter of a winter for it.

paul

13. pavel1983

I just wanted to call you to check if anything changed with weather conditions. Well, next Saturday my birthday, so I wish a good weather and some nice fish, it is realy not a lot :p LOL

Tap Tap from my MI2

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Some very good signs howard water still green but still some bonny fish and plenty of them not as good over the horizon yesterday better sings inshore alltogether.

paul.

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Looking at the sea this morning it well coloured up inshore once again the uptiding should be back in full swing fingers crossed for tommorow.

paul.

16. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fixed crossed, toes crossed eyes crossed. :D worm and squid?? for tomorrow?

17. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Lets hope this strong westerly goes to bed tonight got it dropping off but picking up again tommorow .

paul

18. Jamsey

Jamsey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great days out thanks Paul for putting us on the fish and thanks to Dave from two novices for sorting out our snags and advice hes an asset , didn't get chance to thank him as were two busy trying to get our box full of fish up the jetty without slipping over ! Blue skies and plenty of fish it doesn't get better than that. Thanks to Panhead for the invite looking forward to beating his fish in two weeks time. see you then.

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!