1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrasse from staithes cowbar Gulley

Discussion in 'Lobbers Pictures' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

[​IMG]

Wrasse from staithes cowbar Gulley

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

years ago some good conger were resident in cowbar gulley, just over the edge, cant remember getting a wrasse there, but the ground is good for them

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

Kettleness is the spot for the big wrasse...had a few over 4lb there and well what can you say about the 5lb 15oz plugger that came out in the Redcar open.. :eek: :eek:..Its a bit of a shame because i use to get some real nice cod out of them holes round there in the summer, now when i go it seem them holes are full of wrasse, especially in late summer.
    Its not that i don't like wrasse (well ok maybe just a little) :) its you put a nice crab bait out for a nice cod and a wrasse comes along and takes the bait... someone said try eating one you will get a big suprise..but never have, maybe not a very nice suprise, i thought... ;D ;D

4. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

every time you catch a wrasse knock it on the head and take it home for the cat.that way you'll thin them out and start to catch the cod again :p

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

better still eat them yourself, got a pleasant surprise

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Never caught one before ;)

7. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

nice wrasse
    ;D