1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wot rod and reel for a kayak

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by polofish, Nov 9, 2008.

1. polofish

polofish New Member

:confused: Hi everone, i am going to get a prowler 13 nx year, but was wondering wot is a good rod and reel to get, hope u guys can help

2. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

for jigging i use a 6 foot jerkbait rod 2 to 6 oz casting and a abu 6500 50lb braid and a weak link and for plugging i use greys g100 bait caster 20 to 50 gram casting and a baitcasting reel 15lb braid
    cheers ian

3. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

You can`t go wrong with the Greys travel rods for kayak fishing, good reliable rods and stow away easily. pricey but worth the money.

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Do you own any boat or spinning gear already ?? A lot of people already own tackle that is up to the job.

5. polofish

polofish New Member

Cheers guys, i only have beach fishing gear. those rod and reels look good wot you sugested

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I would buy just cheap gear for your 1st season mate, it gets so much abuse and while your learning you really dont want to go smashing or losing good gear over the side. Ask any one of us and we will all be able to give you a list of smashed and lost tackle.

Your better off in putting your funds into good clothing and safety items to begin with bud.

Ken

7. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

As far as kayaking goes Ken, weather like this, might be better putting funds in an ISA :crazy: :wink:

8. Baramundi Bob

Next summer its going to be red hot every day. Flat calm seas, gin clear water and huge bass everywhere. I cant wait.

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Next summer its going to be red hot every day. Flat calm seas, gin clear water and huge bass everywhere. I cant wait.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

And all those Dorado owners are going to be spending all summer on their front lawns repairing glass fibre breaks and holes while the few of us on proper fishing kayaks mop up all the huge fish . . . :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

10. Baramundi Bob

Watch them barnicles :wounded: :cheesy:

11. newdave

newdave Guest

gonna fit wing mirrors on mine, saves getting a stiff neck looking round to see if the prowlers are still there :laugh: :laugh:

12. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

ken i think you will need a motor on yours to keep up mate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    cheers ian

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Oh look at them all biting . . . .now if only them damn 10lb bass took the bait as well :canadian: :canadian: :wink:

(I want one really) :embarrass:

14. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

ken mate dont worry mate we will wait for you like yesterday going up the cliff :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    cheers ian

15. newdave

newdave Guest

back to the subject, those fladen maximus are just fine at about £40. :yes: