1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Place To Live In The UK - Middlesborough ??

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Don't think the Boro ever looked like this.

Beirut

[​IMG]

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

i was thinking more of when the war was on

3. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

It's still old news, the article appeared in The Guardian over a year ago, or has the newspaper coach just deliverd to Whitby?
    [/quote]

Quality Groyne :laugh: :laugh:

4. makaman

makaman Guest

dont get 2 the boro very ofton took the mrs shopping there last week went 4 a meal , i though i was in Beirut makes u think when me and the mrs were the only whites in there

5. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Chris Rea moved away from the Boro. Then he came back and got a shock when he saw what they had pulled down.
    He has since made a fortune singing about the Area.
    Im not knocking him i think he is a brilliant songwriter and guitarist just bought his cd Original Album Series while shopping in the towncentre. :happy:pB

6. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

when i went to boro everyone i saw was wearing tracksuits,.............i thought ,what a fit place :cheesy:

7. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We aren't all like that Brigg Boy!!

It's a strange place. Within th inner circle, i.e. a 2 miles radius of the centre it is pretty awful. We are talking about a place where i have previously been held at knife point so someone could get £20 out me wallet and lived on a street where someone took a baseball bat to all cars on the street because he was bored and on drugs. But tonight i have had a drive out to the fox covert and surrounding area and it's like a different planet. Fortunately i'm closer to the Acklam area now!! There is a lot of character, but there's a lot of prats here as well. And yet it's home....

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I lived on Albert Terrace for a year, next street down was Grovner Street. Found a burglar in my bedroom. Chased them down the road and was threatened with a screwdriver so backed off and called the police. Police arrived 1 hour later. The PC's advise was "Lock all doors and windows whilst your in, and keep a big lump of 2x2 behind the settee". That is the gods honest truth, he also said he had worked several major cities and Middlesborough was on a par for violent crime.

This experience wasnt my worst either, but Ill not go into what happened the year before that.

Having said that, I still love the place and visit as often as possible. For the last year of my degree I decided to travel from Whitby.

9. bucko

bucko New Member

Well, we could start having folk of different caste sitting apart on the buses if you want?
    Is this 2010 or am I just dreaming?

10. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Holidaying in Whitby in the early 90's we took the kids on the train from there to boro. had a decent enough couple of hours, then went and sat in a small public park/garden about 5 mins walk from the station, just off the high street. (I dont think it's there today, may have been build over!). Anyway several 'herberts' appeared and were trying to entice pidgeons by offering them bread. My kids thought that was nice, until they saw the lumps of concrete they had behind their backs which were then used to shatter the birds in a 1,000 pieces!. They never forgot that for years!.

11. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Isnt the park now another water feature where the tough men go with their fighting dogs and let the dogs fight in public.
    I was sat there in september waiting for my WP appeal.
    Last time i was there i fed the pidgeons with a pie.