1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Place To Live In The UK - Middlesborough ??

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

No it's not!!

3. Baramundi Bob

Comments are open on the article. Please feel free to leave your feelings there.

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

im not from boro and think a lot of it is a shit hole, although there are nice areas, why drag up an article from over a year ago and what's it go to do with whitby?

5. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Exactly.

6. some places of middlesbrough are rough but every were has bad places, just there not brodcast, good people the teesiders and very freindly, rather live in middlesbrough than london <<<<<<< now that is a sespit, totally unfair to lable middlesbrough worst place to live just cause sum pompous news paper writer says so, give me teesiders anytime over pompous little bell ends anytime.

7. Baramundi Bob

Judging by the responses I would say you havent actually read it. Its not the writers opinion, hes just writing about the TV program that made the claim, also the article gives direct reference to Whitby and the north yorks moors as one of the reasons why Middlesborough isnt the worst place to live. Its quite a balanced article looking at different viewpoints. The article is open to comments on the actual page.

8. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry i didnt have time to leave a detailed response earlier! The centre of Middlesbrough is like this :hurt: :nerd: :scare: :alien: :sick: :gum: :ugly: :butt: However, soon as you drive a couple of miles in any direction, you hit countryside, villages, and some quality fishing! I would say if you go to Leeds / Liverpool / Manchester / London / Sunderland / Newcastle (and i've lived in a couple of these places) it's much the same but Bigger!

9. Baramundi Bob

Ive always liked Middlesborough. Lived there for 3 years and always go back. Ive seen far worse places.

10. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i thought that was a godd artical glenn its telling people to have another look as its not as bad as made out to be wich is true. well i was raised in gateshead then moved to grangetown about 3 year ago. yeh its rough but no worse than were i moved from and no were near as bad as some places i have been and to be honest i think its getting better

11. Baramundi Bob

Nice one Scotty, I was quite surprised at the lads responses. They read the title and not a lot more.

12. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Tilbury in Essex gets my vote. Anyone whose had the unfortunate experience of going there will i'm sure, be in agreement. Anyone who has'nt had the opportunity, dont bother.

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

yeah guilty glenn, apologies it just seemed strange the article was on a whitby site, a year after it was written so i just assumed it was another article knocking the area, my bad

14. Baramundi Bob

No woorries Matty. Ive been using quite a few of the Gaurdian articles recently, and they are all quite interesting to read. Well worth looking at some of the others too. Harry commented on the one about Yorkshires wild coast.

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

I wouldnt want to live anywhere else to be honest, and ive been all over the country. What other town the size of Boro has a hospital like ours? When i see patients getting treated fom Whitbie, Scarborough, Durham and Cumbria, it makes me proud that we have that facillity. :happy: :happy:

Just a thought, but i feel, that if Boro was a southern town, then c4 wouldnt have chose it, as the worst. :suspious: I suppose its something we have to live with. Recently, a couple with 3 kids from London relocated to Boro and couldnt believe they have given a 4 bedroomed house with a large garden. Originaly, they where on a 7 year waiting list in london for a one bedroomed flat. :surprise:

Up the Boro, literally

16. Baramundi Bob

I would like to put some of your comments on the article. Have anyone any objections ?

17. Davo

Davo Rockling

Non from me :happy:

18. Groyne

Groyne Guest

It's still old news, the article appeared in The Guardian over a year ago, or has the newspaper coach just deliverd to Whitby?

19. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

go for it glenn

20. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

middlesborough is like bay root without the sunshine how the hell do you spell B A Y Root best thing about middlesborough is the A19 out of it Ha Ha tightlines Alain