1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

woodlands

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by go go gadget, Apr 9, 2013.

1. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Had a look up woodlands today, slow going with a few roach and gudgeon on single maggot on the pole. Also managed a tench about 1 1/2 lb also on single maggot. Had a put in with luncheon meat and managed a nice carp around 8 -9 lb. seen about 6 other carp come out and a couple of tench

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Hard to believe but this weekend last year I was fishing there with my shirt off mate, it was glorious and ended up with over 20 carp all on the waggler, our Billy had close to 100 silverfish on a whip and got smashed several times by cap lol.
    Anyway nice common mate bet it put up a good account on the pole, just watch the catch rate shoot up this week with rising pressure and a bit of warmth. I will have a look over there with you when it warms up a bit Dan. Have you ever targeted the Bream in there buddy ? There is some proper bin lids in there mate.

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

No not yet alan, caught plenty at other places like but non at woodlands yet. Think were going again on friday, i think your right about this weather kick starting it like
    Only really go to pass a bit of time until we start going in the boat lol

4. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice one Dan- good session.

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Dan-nice early tench that.

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

went again friday and had 7 carp to 11lb on method feeder and halibut pellet. And got 4 tench and the usual roach perch and gudgen ill put some pics up tomorrow

7. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

woodlands

Well in mate, get them on the cabin as well ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Had another 11 yesterday and two tench. Ill put a post up on both sites in a couple of days

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Few more pics, get most of the carp on methord feeder and either corn or halibut pellet. Ive also been getting a few of the carp on my margin pole upto 10lb on a number ten elastic, lost a big fish on the pole which i had on for 25 mins and never even seen it before the hook pulled.
    Last time we went up we ended up with 39 carp between three of us and a few more dropped off aswell

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member