1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's Rugby, Scarborough

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by fishergirl, Jan 28, 2014.

1. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

If any women out there are interested there is a new women's rugby team being set up at Scarborough RUFC. Free to attend, it's on a Monday night at 5:45 for one hour. No experience needed, ages 14 upwards. Last night was the first one, it included ball skills (no jokes please!), light contact and tackling techniques.

Call Scarborough RUFC for more info, or check out their Facebook/twitter pages.

I highly recommend wearing studded boots - I was the only one in trainers last night and I fell over a lot!!

Please tell all your wives and girlfriends! (Though not both, that would be awkward)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done and yeah studded boots are a must I played alot of rugby when I was younger brilliant sport. Played 2 a half decent level then footie took over stick at it wish I had was better at rugby than football.

3. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

You won't catch me playing football! Would be good to see some more faces at rugby next week though.

4. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

So the 2nd session is tomorrow night at 5:45. There's a few more people coming along who didn't make last week.

Whether you have experience or not, it would be great to see some new faces!

5. mww

mww Rockling

Think no 1 daughters making her debut... Be gentle with her, she's very fragile!!

6. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

She's not fragile! I did manage to tackle her though ;)

7. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

Will Lucy be there again tomorrow night Martyn?

8. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

The Valkyries team is going well - they won a 10's tournament last month without conceding a try, unfortunately lost their first home game last week against Barnsley Ladies, but came back with a bang today to win 56-0 at home. They are planning a tour to Leeds at the end of January to include a training session at Yorkshire Carnegie. If anyone is interested (or your partners) in going along for a training session, I believe they train Mondays and Thursday, 6-7pm