1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINTER KAYAK FISHING - another yakker takes to the water

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Dec 21, 2007.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

Carpyken could not wait for the spring to get his new toy on the water, so myself & Quint decided to go with him on his maiden voyage. we had i nice paddle out of north landing then had drift we were struggling a bit with the tide still flooding & taking us into the chop at the head end, so we decided to move to the north of thornwick & anchor. that presented a bit of a problem as we only had one anchor between us. Not to be beaten though i anchored up then the other two used me to so we had a nice daisy chain. we then sat there for an hour & slowly froze and not a sign of a cod :(
    The enthusiasm soon oozed away & we decided it was time to warm up with a little paddle back & kens first attempt at dragging the yak up the slipway, I think he was pleased he did not have 50lb of cod to carry as well ;D.
    Following on from the theme of summer or winter, i think this picture will tell you what quints opinion is ;D ;D ;D
    [​IMG]
    Wasn't today the shortest day ???, Yippeeeeeeeeeeee 8)

once again forgot to clean the mussel juice of the camera before taking this picture of Kens maiden voyage, will try again in April mate ::)
    [​IMG]

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: another yakker takes to the water

Ye thanks guys, Dave you summed it up perfectly, was brill though, still thawing out ;D ;D ;D.

Thank You both very much though for accompanying me, roll on spring...

Ken

3. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

whats all this yakkin about then??used to love to canoeing as a yung'un. cost much to get goin??

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice pics, I soooooo wish I had the money to buy a yak right now :'( Might sell a kidney on ebay, that should get me enough money for a yak and all the extras ;D

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Never mind lads, at least I don,t have to buy a drysuit now ::) RHB is the place to go now ;D calling all yakkers ;D

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Has anyone tried there yet Ray ? If you look at the pic I posted of the 2 lads fishing in the cloughton match you will see a well known local skipper uptiding just behind them. Not too far from the shore at all, but would have to be no wind at all because the end of long hole is terrible with any sort of a breeze on the go. :) :)

I think RHB would be a good winter yakking spot once you figured it out :)

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It,s untouched by a yak keel as far as I know Glenn along with loads of other places. It opens up so many areas you,re spoit for choice really. I will have a drysuit by this time next year because when the high pressure comes along at this time of the year the shore fishing usually dies the death and all those spawny Cod are passing us shore anglers by :p

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Glad you enjoyed it Ken even though it was a grueller - I think Rob was lucky having his works piss up ;D - yep maybe we need to look further north at this "great" time of year for the fat spawners - nice pics Bailey ;D

9. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

jst read the yak link on baramundi bob's post...verrrrrrrrrrrry interesting!! ;D i'm savin already hehe

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

true true

appart from the 20lb'er macky was telling me about earlier, off the shore, me and a couple of buds spent 9 hours after the buggers yesterday, and with only a fout pounder buggered off home.

i showed them a certain mark on way home so they could contrast where we were fishing, and thats where the 20 pounder came from :eek:

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Lingrow Knock could be the spot for a big spawning kayak cod Ray ;) Would quint carry all your yaks down port to launch ?

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

No problem but it might have to be one at a time ;D

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I spent plenty of time stood outside today and froze me nuts off !! Well done lads for venturing out ....lol...Dave you froze on the rocks ....you must have really gone iceman sat on the P13 out there today !!!
    Must say though everytime I go in the garage for me shore gear and my yak is sat there on the trestle I can't wait to get out, however your pics of today have reassured me that it will still be there and so will the sea and most of the spring run of fish come some warmer weather !! ;D :eek: ;D

Well done for the effort though.

Ken if you enjoyed today, you wait till a 5 am start with the sun rising over the horizon as you paddle out of Nth landing already warm and wishing you had taken more cold drink with you.....its the labradors-low-danglers matey. ;D ;D ;D

Soon be like this again. ;D
    [​IMG]

Catching these ;D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ending up like this... :eek: ;D :eek:
    [​IMG]

The forum will be able to put out a reeet floatilla this coming year .. ;D

Cheers Jellyworm

14. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

^^^can you snooze on them too??

15. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

you snooze you lose

16. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

lol :)

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Snooze ....the fella is close to coma....lol......mind you thats how he catches those big bass, they think he s nodded off then....Whamm an X-rap lands on their nose and bobs your mothers sisters brother !!! ;D

18. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

or robert's thee father's brother lol looks good fun,not sure our lass'll see it that way like.

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Mind though to any who mock......beware the quint will invite to one of his easy launch sites.......the last time I went to an easy launch site on the way down I ended up sinking in mud to my waist with a yak on my shoulder then on the way in the tide was out and we had a 200 yard struggle over rocks before the climb up the cliff path....oh laugh i nearly split my...........never ever ever again !!!! ;D ;D ;D well maybe again...roll on spring. ;D

20. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

will have to get sellin a few more weights to fund one then keep it quiet for a while maybe she wont notice hehe