1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter gloves

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wilky, Jan 5, 2011.

1. wilky

wilky Blenny

Having just read a topic where cold winter hands seemed to be a big issue, thought I would set this down in case it helped anyone.

I use a pair of neoprene weightlifters gloves I got from Argos many years ago, for just a few quid. I use them for digging and fishing. They are fingerless, so dexterity is spot on, but the neoprene covers the back of the fingers to the first joint, which seems to be a key area to keep warm (the old timers used to put vaseline on the backs of their hands to the same end).

Being neoprene, you can dip your hands in the sea and you warm up virtually instantly. They are washable if they get a bit fishy/stinky, and I am amazed I have never seen anyone else using anything similar

Hopefully they are still available, cos mine are now a bit tatty

2. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Have heard that before but how does that work?

I recently bought some neoprene divers gloves for a tenner off ebay but don't think they're a massive improvement on the gloves I already had - but then again I haven't had my hands in the water with them on yet!

Nick

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I guess they would act a bit like a wetsuit, the water in them would be heated up by your body temp

4. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

5. wilky

wilky Blenny