1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Cod Fishing - Still cod about from the shore

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jan 13, 2015.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Winter Cod Fishing

I Managed 3 Sunday night best just under 6lb dropped 1 as well saw lobbers on the peir he had a nice few .

[​IMG]

Paul.

2. Woody565

Woody565 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Still cod about from the shore

Nice one, good to hear they are still about. I have been offshore for 8 weeks and fly home tomorrow so planing a session on there next week

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

My lad was out on sunday night at kettleness and got 6 cod , Rob was down there and had
    around 8 cod , so its still all stations go

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It is cliff still plenty about in the right spots I left the peir didn't fancy it and I didn't get fish till 8.30 and hada bite a cast till 10 pm when the match finished .

Paul

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice work Paul, were you fishing a club match ?? and how did you do ??

Hi Alan, when you say Rob was at Kettleness, is that Rob Allison ?? I saw he won the Whitby Club Match with 8 cod for 20lb.

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Yes Glenn , it was that top secret mark called Kettleness

7. Baramundi Bob

I should have known really. If Rob is fishing well this time of year its Generally Kettleness, Hummersea Or Boulby.

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

What would u say was the end of the cod season for the shore. I know that some of u catch all year round but at at push when does it usually end

9. Baramundi Bob

As you said yourself, it doesnt end. You an catch cod whenever you want.

10. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I want to catch em every time it come over glen!! Lol