1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Cod Fishing @ Arbroath 16th - 19th Nov 2012 Report

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bobby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Friday saw 6 of us travel upto Arbroath in 3 cars, it wasnt long before the os map was out in the cottage with possible marks being scrutinised.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

first mark for me and danny was deals head where we managed 4 mops with lee and his dad brocky heading to bodin where they had 3 mops.

Saturday saw us all up and after a breakfast in morrisons the 6 of us went to windy hill farm where we all spread out, this mark is very deep water and you need alot of line on your reels to fish here, this spot only produced billet but they did go to 2.5lb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after dark we headed back to deals head as we knew there was fish there and got 4 mops and a 5.8lber which put me in the running for the £30 heaviest fish pot that we do, the other mark fished that night was bodin again which produced more fish upto 4lb

[​IMG]

Sunday we all headed out to different marks which included aucmithie, rummness, ethie village, viccy park and deals head, we all had fish with lee getting 2 on the same pennel and pete getting a mop and a nanny lobster on the same pennel. (lee has these photos) pete also pulled in a 2.5lb wrasse. monday came with a big sea on so expectations were high, 3 of us fished east haven and 3 went to bodin, lee lost a fish of a life time snapping his 60lb snood, john lost a pig snagging him up but again we all had fish, last chuck of the holiday i winkled out a 6.5lber :happy: money in the bag :wink:

[​IMG]

im not doing the charity event movember im just scruffy :yes:
    came home today with the spoils, we had 36 cod with the 4 biggest 6.5, 5.8, 5.2 and 5 lb

[​IMG]

fantastic break with great crack, couldnt breath for laughin most of the time, bring on next year!

2. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Re: Arbroath 16th - 19th nov report

Looks like you had a good time with decent weather a nice bonus.

Quality fishing and report Rob well done,looks like the "bait" worked ok.

3. bobby

the bait did mate and if it wasnt for your help putting photos on here the report wouldnt happen.

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done Lad,s should have went to five yard shot Lee,
    while it was calm, sure it would have give up a fish or two ,

i hope to get up there in january , razor ,cart n blacks, :yes:

5. 39john3939

39john3939 Blenny

last chuck of the holiday i winkled out a 6.5lber money in the bag
    And well deserved mate you earned it,your fishing was top class biggest fish and biggest bag well done.

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well done to all of you some lovelly pics and fish , bad luck on Lee losing that big fish

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

what sort of wind direction are you looking for up there?

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one bobby, now get back to work and get some welding done.

good report well done lads :yes:

9. parko60

parko60 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes very unlucky Lee, next time mate. Nice report bobby and see ya next year.Pity we won,t remember who won it when we get there next year, but will remember who came last :yes:.

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i love the fact you filleted all your fish to bring home for the table lads, spot on :wink:

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Who locked this topic and why ?. Would be useful if people locking topics explained why.

12. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A big well done to you lads finding fish in not ideal condition, I just hope I get the same results when I head up there next weekend keeping my fingers, arms and legs crossed, well done on winning the pot aswel bobby..

13. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Great report and pictures lads well done on all the fish you caught as well.

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great report and pictures lads, you really got amongst the fish there. This art of Scotalnd seems to be the place to be for cod in numbers, weel done !!

15. bobby

[quote au
    thor=Go Go Gadget link=topic=28878.msg237840#msg237840 date=1353441140]
    what sort of wind direction are you looking for up there?
    [/quote]

south easterly or easterly are the best.

it all got abit to much for danny at one point poor bloke needed a lie down :whatever:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. finch

finch Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report Rob and well done on the biggest and most fish you were on fire throughout the trip, The crack was superb once again. Unlucky Lee on losing the big one you will get it next year mate

17. Alaska Man

Alaska Man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report Rob, looks like you got the hang of those pictures. Just deserts for planning and hard work so nice to come home with a bag full. Next stop the :wink:Mull