1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why So Quiet?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by FireFly, Mar 5, 2017.

1. basha

basha Blenny

used to to be a dozen cod of salty 25yrs ago.....we could even catch a couple of cod of redcar beach.now its loo roll and sanitry towels lol:D

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

I was looking at Social Mark, but couldn't find anything about joining.

Well Agnew's in charge with big Joe Jordon now, so lets hope the Boro can start doing the Biz.

3. basha

basha Blenny

going to be a tough 11 games,left it a bitt late for me but who knowso_O

4. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

You could here that Jukebox up in the town square, it was great!! My first cod were caught on there, I was about 11 and had two 7lber's, while the older guys had a lot more. Happy days. Is there a fresh water forum on this site lmfao

5. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Back in the day Redcar scaurs was about the only place we fished apart from the pier. Always had loads of cod to a decent size, 2lb to 5lb with most around the 3lb - 5lb mark. Catch half a dozen no probs fishing 2hrs down and 2hrs back up. I used to fill me freezer that would last me all year.

6. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Derwent? Is that anywhere near the East Scaur by any chance Roger? hoho. It's been a slow morning mate. I've got me coat.

7. basha

basha Blenny

last time i fished the east scar i managed a total of 12lb of condom and a few pound of jammy towels with a bonus toilet roll.
    think i might have got a section wino_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

You could have cleaned up

• Like Like x 1
  9. Davo

Davo Rockling

The east scuar still fishes well, but not as good as the Swale.

• Like Like x 1
  10. basha

basha Blenny

gonna do a stilly weds,no idea were to go.might just hit renny again or take a punt on dale view.

11. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

I heard that he'd had an otter problem at dale view last year but can't find anyone that's been to confirm one way or another. I was looking for somewhere different to fish this week. Looking on the internet I think I might give Rising sun fisheries near Aldwark a go. It seems to have a good mix of fish with carp going to over 30 but what interests me is the perch that go over 5lb. I've emailed the owner who said they have had bags of silvers to over 40lb lately and perch to 4lb.

12. basha

basha Blenny

fished rising sun many times,used to fish matches on there,nice place and fishes really well.
    going to give dale view a miss,just been up to have a butchers,had a look at dromanby and ingleby whilst up that way.weathers taking a turn for the worst with possible snow,thoughs 2 degrees in the boro night temps will be minus up in the sticks and will kill dale view and ingleby.might get me sea gear out and try for a flattie or 4 instead........mad weather and first day of spring.

13. Davo

Davo Rockling

What about Raskelf Mark? Rather than a commie.

14. basha

basha Blenny

havnt rejoined no1 mate or raskelf would have been my first choice.
    kept my boro ticket/leeds ticket and two midlands clubs.i was in 8 clubs at one point was getting a bitt much,so had to go with club waters i fished more and that to be fair last season was the midlands clubs.now im back in to my sea dangling aswell my seasons are split now so didnt seem plausable to have too many tickets.o and not forgetting social.

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

I know what you mean mate. I'm in three clubs and have an allotment. The allotment takes up most of my time. Also, my sea fishing and ive got a SIB and outboard. Sometimes, I think i'm 20years younger than I am.

16. basha

basha Blenny

dnt get me wrong i loved raskelf and still say its one of the best ponds within a big area,and it was ideal to drop onto thorny for a few hours of an evening strait after.think i only fished it twice last year,maybe 3 at most.to be honest aswell as the trent,i spent a lot of time on the upper swale on the boro book out of the way,ainderby etc and done very well for the bules,took some finding and got prickly legs finding them but was some good seshions had along with gatenby/maunby i enjoyed it,hardly a soul around either just how i like it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

lovely listening to you chaps you are certainly showing up the sea anglers

• Like Like x 1
  18. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Pleased I started this thread - Think I might start another tomorrow! :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Davo

Davo Rockling

jc, if you ever fancy a session on the Tees or Swale during a north easterly, just let me know. Mark whats the Bradfords stretch of the Swale at Gatenby like?. Ive yet to give it a go.

20. Davo

Davo Rockling

As long aa its a mixed thread, not just sea fishing crap.

• Funny Funny x 1