1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why So Quiet?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by FireFly, Mar 5, 2017.

1. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Haven't visited for a while so as guilty as anyone else but it seems very quiet in here. None of the old names about and no reports. This used to be one of the best forums on the internet but I suppose everyone just about has moved on to Facebook. Shame though.
    [​IMG]
    I started with nothing, and I've still got most of it left!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As for recent activity on the forum i believe that it's partly down to it being a crap season, in comparison to the past years.?

The old names i haven't seen for a long time, but there again i haven't seen them on faceache either.
    Until recently, i used to look at bottom of page for the activity list of members who visited but cant seem to find it now.

Myself, i post my reports and try to contribute to other posts where i can contribute positively. But there again i had not a lot of results to add.
    There was the cod challenge and a few lads did contribute, as did i but really struggled this year with a measley 13 fish i think it was ? think i had 12 lobsters off the brigg this season !
    Again as for faceache, i only post in my own group of 6 members who are scarborough lads i fish with, i closed the other group down with 100+ members as only the same half a dozen lads were posting reports.
    Don't want to shake a hornets nest but i noticed that the majority were just looking for hot marks - and i know that for a fact as lads were tagging their mates in catch reports and not commenting etc on the report.

needless to say following visits to my usual mark resulted in 2 or 3 rods already there on my arrival.
    I feel as if i have gone off the subject now, but i think the above is a major contributing factor to low activity ?

On another note, a strange case - the guy who posted about the alleged bad rod rebuild - certainly attacted a lot of interest / posts ...:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. basha

basha Blenny

im wondering if it was worth getting me sea fishing gear back.
    bloody typical a crap year when i decide too lol.lets hope scotland is as good as used to be,im up there soon,dnt do facebook so ile just keep reporting as i do on ere.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

this site definately quieter yes poor season but not as it was
    i try to post on most trips not been many this year due to better halfs illness
    but will not depart to facebook

• Like Like x 2
  5. faraday

I am on faceache but not so much if i can help it...

Out fri night i think, probably brigg fishing it down to low and back up for a few hours.
    Dont expect much of a result unless i can safely get half way down gulley side.

See which sucker mate's i can get to accompany me...

• Like Like x 1
  6. basha

basha Blenny

nah dnt do face book either.
    has its good points but far to many bad ones to justify using it.
    started late in the season to be fair.think once i get out and start bait collecting again ile have a better season nxt year with a bitt of luck.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jc

least theres 3 of us on here
    we are planning for the near future trip to the walkway, another to blythe then a couple to mecca aka the mull of galloway

• Like Like x 3
  8. basha

basha Blenny

thinking of trying north wales at some point this yr also.my mate who lives at bangor seems to do really well.he fishes mainly the menai and rhosneigr.
    south west scotland ile be doing 8 or 9 trips and prob a trip to arbroath at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  9. faraday

we visit caenarfon north wales 3 times a year, summer to october, stopped and chatted to lads fishing the straits last year, did take my gear with us on last visit but never got round to swinging a lead !
    we went over to anglesey and noticed a big bait shop there on rhs on way into main town, cant rememeber name of it now...
    As weather warms and seas more often flatter every year i wonder if it was a mistake selling the yak ?

10. basha

basha Blenny

i fished an estuary yrs back that flows through rhosneigr past the golf course.
    there was an area were it ran under a black iron bridge,you were more a less sat on the airfield.it was probabely the best mullet fishing ive ever come across.after the golf coarse it becomes fresh water and all brown trout fishing,so the tidal is probabely only a mile and a bitt as crow flies.me mate graeme is always going on about the plaice/thorny in the straits and says the fishing can be exceptional,although the tidal flow is tremendous and can sometimes become unfishable.always fancied a crack,hollyhead is now pants according to graeme,said its al fished out,dunno how true it is mind.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jc

lucky lad bash 8/9 trips to scotland
    weve been going now probably 15 year and the place still amazes me
    never done anything wales
    now people at anglesy did well cant remember where but some pier and he caught big conger
    we also have a few trips in charters from whitby (charisma) and hartlepool(catamaran) always seem to have good days and good crack

• Like Like x 1
  12. faraday

was watching the mullet in the yacht marina in caenarfon on last visit, right next to the premier inn.

Massive is what i saw, guys there said they dint bother trying to catch as too difficult, apart from one lad who used a small piece of bread on a small hook.
    As tide turns there, it floods from south to north - the swell running is a sight,
    There is a chandlers on the edge of the marina and the guy who owns it sells tackle, bait etc but is hard work to strike a conversation with !

• Like Like x 1
  13. basha

basha Blenny

well ive got me barbel gear out,gonna have a wander to the trent see if i can get a last minute barbel before the end of the season.
    sat n cleaned all me sea gear last.so from rag/lugg too pellets n boilies.

14. Davo

Davo Rockling

Mark, have you ever fished Darlo Brown Trouts Swale stretch's for the bules?

15. jc

good luck with the barbel hunt ive got to go to footy boro v man city cmon you reds

16. basha

basha Blenny

no dave,although i know the stretch.if im on the swale its normally leeds/bradford/bradford number one or boro stretches.
    i find myself on the trent/seven more these days.ive been getting told some good things about the tidal stretch on the ribble outside preston and wouldnt mind giving that a throw at some point.im in two midlands clubs now and find the trent that little bitt less busy than swale tees and wharfe,and by the time we double up the cost isnt that bad either dave.

17. basha

basha Blenny

ive been drafted in to doing the bedroom so spent all day plastering walls,that was my fridays fishing out the window.might have to try get an evening local somewere but doubtfull now before season closes.......ah well stillwater it is then untill scotland.

18. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cheers Mark. I'm in Bradford No1 too and fish the Thornton stretch mostly. I joined after having a chat with you on A.C forum and have never looked back. I join Darlo Brown Trout mainly for the upper Tees trout and grayling fishing, but I'm also inquisitive about the swale stretch for the bules. Hopefully get out soon and give it a bash, but I might be better off waiting till June. I'm glad youre doing the biz on the Trent. Mind you it looks like we're turning this forum into a freshwater one.

19. basha

basha Blenny

all makes for good reading either fresh or sea mate,specially with the amount of posters.it nice to read watever is thrown up bud.
    the trent an exceptional river and not as easy as what some make out,totally differant tactics and feeding pattern from what we are used to on the yorkshire rivers.the swale will always be my favourite river for bules,just needed time away from it.thornton bridge is one hell of a stretch once you'v masterd the stretch,it holds some really big fish,my biggest swale fish came from that very stretch.can be patchy mind,and the most likely looking swims can sometimes be the least productive.bitt of david bellamy jungle warfare along there and prickled legs usually accounts for a fish lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jc

all fishing topics welcome to revive the banter
    ps boro were sh-- should of gone fishing instead
    flat calm off redcar at present

• Like Like x 1