1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why are bass marks so secrative?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by BOOMSTICK, Sep 27, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Produces well in the right conditions. My second biggest bass came from here.

2. richie sausage walton

richie sausage walton Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ive read this right the way through and totally agree with buzz lightyear on this one guys,most people know marks and yeah they do tell,but the question is why should someone spend a lot of time and months finding good new marks,putting time and effort in then "handing it to people on a plate"just to go hammer the fish and murder them!!!!wonder how many of you actually put more fish back than you kill??not many i know,bass take several years to grow to the breeding stage and return to the same mark every year,they cant do this if they are slaughtered like the mackerel are then just wasted,its not fair!!so good on ya buzz keep on finding marks and let them find their own!!!!!!!

3. richie sausage walton

brian this is bollocks you say?we posted places of our catches and next tide they were NETTEDby hand across the bay,these are sport fish and should be enjoyed not murdered,in huge numbers this is why i have a lot to do with the fisheries so damn right the places for breeding bass to be kept secret is viable,lads tell you what they caught to let you know they are still about ,glad to see the lads pushing for a more larger legal side of killing and 2-3 a bag or you could face a huge fine and even jail,jealousy is a word that comes to mind with a lot of you,put the time in and you will reap your rewards :baby:

4. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

This is off ages ago its dun dusted and forgoten about

Lets not start it again

5. richie sausage walton

boomstick ya alright,do me a favour mate and cancel my place on here mate,its disgusting to hear about so many fish destoyed in that manner,and why so many idiots on here wanna find marks to kill these fish,will be getting in touch with the fisheries and you will all be watched,TRUST ME,weve seen all we need now delete plz thanx,ps think you guys will be getting few fines tbh :scare:

6. langy

langy Rockling

haha.. dear me

7. robq

robq Rockling

piss off richie we do not need preachers like you on the site :crazy: :crazy:

8. BOOMSTICK

Go for it mate. Will even supply an adress so you know were to send them if you like?
    Wont find nothing illegal here

9. bucko

bucko New Member

Why you are posting in such an inflamatory manner Richie is beyond me- and threatening to 'shop' people who aren't breaking the law simply defies all logic.
    You're obviously not as amiable as Jon Boy, who loves a nice bass supper :kiss:

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Watch out guys, they've got what they were after and the big fines are heading our way :laugh: :laugh:

You have no clue what anglers do, some take fish and some practise catch and release, most of the fish I catch go back apart from the ones I want for the pot. Don't let facts get in the way of your little mission though. The person you agree with takes plenty of Bass and it's right to be able to so I guess EVERYONE is a 'murderer' :whatever:

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Yep our Buzz is spot on, plus he got a damn good chest freezer full of prime silver fillets :laugh:

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Classic, nice one Ken

13. BOOMSTICK

Im sure this guys on crack

14. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Don't worry about the Sausage Jockey, he's just being a knob for the sake of it just for a bit of wind up value

Ian Baxter is the NEIFCA officer for up here, mention my name to him by all means, you'll just come across pretty badly, I talk to Ian regulary on matters relating to bass and it might surprise one or two just how long bass have been here and how some people were catching big bass a long long time ago before they were even fashionable

Better ignoring posters like that especially when they're more interested in wind ups than they are in contributing

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Apparently the lad has bought himself a kayak (can't see him get any advice now!), hopefully we'll see him at the kayak match this summer so we can all have a chat about how we are fish murderers.

16. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

i didn't keep that many ken i kept some for the table but i put most of them back :yes: :yes: :yes:

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Know that Buzz, and no disrespect meant to you at all mate :wink: :happy:

18. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

as ive said before.just because you find a productive new mark,be that shore or afloat.and dont tell anyone,doesn't make that your mark.chances are quite a few anglers have covered the same ground and had the same if not better success!
    its just up to each angler if he wishes to share that success.if they dont,fine.but if they do,then chances are there's always going to be someone else who fishes the same mark,who spits the dummy out when his 'secret' mark is mobbed out.
    what im getting at,is there is no such thing as a secret mark.if you want to believe your the best bass angler since sliced bread,then crack on...just dont delude yourself into thinking no-one else knows your marks.

19. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Brilliant that part mate, how long you been doing stand up?

20. Robocod

Robocod New Member

At the end of the day (thread) anyone can fish anywhere and catch what they like in any numbers ...and do! Local pair team andpals can also do the same.... and do so. sometimes catching more in one shot than we do in an entire season the whole argument is BONKERS!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.