1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Said Lure Fishing Is Addictive

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by brian carragher, Jul 7, 2017.

1. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Theres a bit of a theory that this lure fishing malarky is addictive

Bollocks

I've got proof that it isnt and in case anyone thinks it is then heres a few pics that might disprove that

A few from my collection, just spent a day or so sorting them all out again both for the sea and river, getting rid of those big meathooks that come with the Rapalas and changing any split rings and trebles that looked a bit dodgy, think I used about 85 new trebles getting them right for a new season

DSC_0325.JPG

I tend to divide them up into Shakespeare Big S's , floating plugs that fish shallow and deep , and others that are suspending and/or sinking lures

Big S's here

DSC_0327.JPG

Couple of Mega S's as well, just about the most versatile lure you can get, can be worked real deep or fished on the top and depending how fast you crank it down will determine where in the water the lure fish's

Some of the suspending and sinking lures here

DSC_0330.JPG

A few Yo Zuries , rapalas and Abu Tobys and Diawa Shoreliners make up my suspenders, quite a wide range of divers, some that will go down to 30ft or so when trolled and some great little rapala's for the river

Got a few floaters as well, the difference between the two (suspending and floating) is when you stop cranking then a floater pops up on the surface whereas a suspending lure will stay at whatever level it was swimming at, floating divers being great for working round tree trunks and branch's and debris in the water when you can do a stop/go crank to work a lure round structure or rubbish and try and induce a take

A few floating divers here with diving depths from very shallow ten or twelve inchs or so right down to 25ft or so, also a few surface poppers for when you fancy those still night lure fishing or when you want to use a prop lure and stir up a bit of a fizz

Rapalas, Storm thundersticks , Diawa Shoreliners and Maria Squash lures tend to make up the bulk of these

DSC_0331.JPG

Theyre just the hard bodied stuff, not including the weedless shads and ordinary shads or jelly's

See, told you it was'nt addictive

All set now, just need a few pollock to show and bingo, summers here

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If you lost 3 per trip.... how long before you would have non left?? Or do you lose 2 or 3 and go and buy replacements ie a 6 more :D like I do:)

3. brian carragher

I'm a sucker for buying rapala's, just ordered another few tonight, just in case

Really though, dont lose that many, lose more on the river than at sea as I fish lures from my boat and if I get stuck in the kelp I can get over the top of them and ease them out, I also change all the trebles and take off the galvanised meat hooks and put bronzed trebles on instead no bigger than a size 4 and depending on the lure sometimes go down to an 8

Theyre strong enough to land double figure pollock without any worries but soft enough to bend out of the kelp and get my lure back when fished with braid as I get my best pollock just getting the lure to skim the kelp tops so need a real variety of swiminng depths to cater for all states of tide, especially high water

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

as you say you need a good mix for all depths and in all colours
    cant even begin to compete with your selection

5. Zetland

Zetland Blenny

Admit it, you just like shiny things Brian.

6. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

They don't have that many in Keith's. You're a lure tart Bri.

7. brian carragher

Guilty m'lud to both charges