1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHO IS TAKING THE PLUNGE THIS SUMMER ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by big cliff, Jan 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I have brought this one up a couple of times in the past but here goes again , Who is going to give Eyemouth / St Abbs a
    go this summer ? wether you like your shore fishing or yakking it can give you superb sport , its not a long journey for alot
    of you lads and it offers fantastic scenery , to date there hasnt been many reports on this area on the forum , and it really
    is a gem

2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Its on my list,alan.trried it early last summer and didnt do much at all but as i said it was early.meant to go again but it never happened,work and kids get in the way.
    Hopefully this year!

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Funny you should bring this up Alan, I was just looking over Google Maps plus a few old threads about the area just the other day. I'm thinking of having a weekend kayak fishing up there poss in July. I fancy finding some of those big pollock :wink:

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Remember Neil's big fish Sam? Would try and find the photo if I knew how :cheesy:

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

cant wait to have a crack at that area again this summer... this time i will take a camera and do a proper report with pictures ..
    2 year ago i done the north berwick / eyemouth area for a week but all i got was bloody coleys and wrasse.... but at least it was fish ... virtually every cast..

while there i had a recce at a few possible marks and mentally noted a few things ... all this was done on the sly while walking along various beaches, headlands and promenades hand in hand with the wife... she thought i was being romantic... i thought mmmmn thats a nice gully... i fancy putting it in there :wink: :wink:

cheers
    Paul

6. robq

robq Rockling

I would love to :yes:

Has anyone tried good cart up there in summer or is it fresh green only ??

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

8. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Give me a shout when you go will load up the trailer lol

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Forgot about the 'official kayak holiday trailer', that bad boy will get some use this year :cheesy: :cheesy:

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

cheers Sam, ye thats the one, the lad is an amazing sea paddler as well as a damn good angler....

[​IMG]

Ken

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I've heard he knows his stuff when it comes to kayaking.

Would be nice to see what the Pollock fishing is like up there, though on it's day it can be cracking sport here.

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

We have tried cart up there in the summer and it worked , we took the live crabs with us and scraped them out as required
    IMO its a better bait that way

13. woody

woody New Member

yes alan i think i will be venturing there again was a stunning place gonna spend more time for the pollock on the head , when i was there was talking to some local lads and the week prior to me being there one of them had ad a 11lb red fish from a gully 20 yards off the peir end in the tangles well worth the journey

14. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think our local pollack fishing is going to be a hard one to beat in all honesty, but would love to go simply to fish a new area.

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

If you yakkers can get the co-ordinates for Cathederal Rock wich is a short distance out from the harbour at St Abbs you will be fishing
    in an area infested with big pollack as well as a fair mix of other type of fish , theres also quite alot of nice red cod not far out to be caught around St Abbs

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cathedral rock sounds great Al but from what i'm reading its very heavily dived so may be a bit crowded

17. woody

woody New Member

i bet u will get a better fight off a diver matty lol

18. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Yes I suppose you would have to pick your days but I have been fishing many a time when there was no sign of divers or there
    boats , Our lad has had Pollack to over 9 lb from the rock edge near bird island so they arent just sat in one place