1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby's Number One Charter Skipper

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/your-favourite-whitby-charter-skipper

who is your favourite and why ??

please use the poll on the page provided

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/your-favourite-whitby-charter-skipper

2. Misso

Misso Blenny

I think that all the skippers do a cracking Job, however Malcom Pitman good crack (TIDES ARE WRONG WE ARE DRIFTING TO FAST).

However for the best fishing and graft Paul Eddon.

3. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Got to agree it's Paul Eddon for me too ( Got to say that as I'm out with him tomorrow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:) Top man, Helpful, Good for a laugh Always puts you on the fish....OOOPPPPS Hope that's not put the jinks on me :gum:

4. CBass

CBass New Member

Has Wildcard done any trips yet? I was under the impression that they started in april? :confused:

5. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

They went on a recce yesterday, just a couple of lads I believe. Went out of Hartlepool where she's berthed for the moment. Be interesting to know how they got on. Mike / Alan???

6. Baramundi Bob

Dont think he has yet but I noticed someone voted for the boat. Knowing Alan he will have voted for himself. Either him or his SEO man has been searching on a variation of "wildcard whitby" keywords each night for the past few weeks. So whoever it is has likely voted for the boat.

7. Baramundi Bob

Hi Fazbats,

Will you be carrying a camera ? Its not very often we get any boat fishing reports from anyone other than Killer. It would be nice to see some snaps from the other boats too. Please let us know how you get on with Dolly. I understand the fishing was very good today for those boats that went to sea, lets hope its the same for you tomorrow.

8. bait pump

bait pump New Member

Got to be Paul skippering Sea Otter Two Top guy went off with him tuesday this week one hell of a day will post report later had to go away wednesday morning just got back so will put report up in a while. I've been traveling to whitby for over twenty years and been on a number of boats and can't recall a "bad trip" and top skipper really has to be the one that sends you home smiling so its hats off to them all from me

9. Baramundi Bob

Dont forget to add your votes and comments to the poll page at this link

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/your-favourite-whitby-charter-skipper

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

im going out in the festival and the 31st may so there will be 2 off me glenn :happy:

11. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Yes the camera is coming Glenn. Unfortunately I'm no David Bailey but I will see what I can do ( Just need to catch a piggy and make it look good :laugh:)

12. Baramundi Bob

No worries mate, will be nice to get a report off some of the other boats. I know we do a lot of posts on sea otter 2 but I would like anglers on other boats to feel welcome to publish their reports too.

13. Deepseacodmaster

Deepseacodmaster Whitby Fishing _ Simply The Best

Dont think he has yet but I noticed someone voted for the boat. Knowing Alan he will have voted for himself. Either him or his SEO man has been searching on a variation of "wildcard whitby" keywords each night for the past few weeks. So whoever it is has likely voted for the boat.

I have also voted for him
    Be very interesting to see how he gets on once he starts in Whitby.
    Innovation is always regarded with suspicion
    Remember the Luddites.
    I do not think Alan would be interested in voting for himself.

14. Deepseacodmaster

Deepseacodmaster Whitby Fishing _ Simply The Best

Hi Barracuda
    I am pleased to know it was just a joke.
    Things often get out of hand on forums.
    There is however one thing that makes MIke Freeman and Rus Porret stand out from the other Whitby Skippers.
    The pair of them take 5 to 10 minutes before sailing to explain all the safety gear and usages before sailing.
    I think the rest of the Whitby skippers should follow their lead.
    In the present economic climate I wish all the Whitby skippers the best in the coming season.
    :embarrass:

15. Baramundi Bob

That's interesting Ivan, thanks for sharing that info. In the health and safety era I wonder if any of the other skippers have a safety briefing each day ?

16. Wildcard

Wildcard Hartlepool Marina - Simply The Best

I've just voted for Paul Kilpatrick. He's putting his anglers on the fish and revealing what's catching them. Thats a combination that's difficult to beat. :educated:

Alan

17. Baramundi Bob

18. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Wildcard gets my vote for popping my wrecking cherry and my new p.b cod.

19. Baramundi Bob

100 Votes Cast And Rich Ward Tops The List.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/your-favourite-whitby-charter-skipper

20. November XIII

November XIII Catch the fish you love - love the fish you catch!

I'm a big fan of Richard on the Shy Torque - He's a comic genius when things are going wrong and a bloody joke when things are going well.

He always blames the crew's angling skills when there's no fish on-board. Then during those times when the deck's full of fish, you can always count on him letting us know that it's down to his first class fish finding skills.

I've never had a day with him when he's not tried his hardest to fill our boxes.

He's a great skipper - just like his old man (Alan).