1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whitby's East Pier Repairs - Have Scarborough Borough Council Lost The Plot ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/Whitby-piers-18m-repairs-to.6484179.jp

Typical Scarborough Borough Council. Who advises these idiots ?The Autumn equinox is just around the corner and this time of year can give the worst sea conditions of the year. Maybe they get thier advice off the people who thought it was a good idea to put the beach chalets up in March.

2. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

I don't suppose that they will be renewing the access bridge to the extension at the same time ??????????

Les

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I can't see why Scarborough Council should squander any more their money on the pier. My views are shared by the much respected Scarborough adviser Al Gerino, knock down the ruins on the top of the cliff and use them as rock armour by pushing them over the edge, sorted! Surely, if the weather gets snotty for the festivals and you lads up there can't catch your usuall 10lb bag of billet, small cod and flatties while the rest of us struggle, it will be a small price to pay for the much needed pier work. Money saved could then be spent on Scarborough's new hanging basket watering system.
    PS stop lifting our pots!

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:confused:

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

:cheesy: :cheesy: :laugh: :laugh:

6. lochbois

lochbois Guest

SHHHH if dave and nick get wind of work like repairs to piers going ahead they will stop it.
    Just look at the pot holes in our roads.
    Where i live its now better to walk because you are going over a speed hump then down a pot hole in a very short distance.
    Ive been on better farm tracks.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: now i get it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. newdave

newdave Guest

nice to see a balanced reasoned response to minor matter
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

"Just look at the pot holes in our roads."

I know. They remind me of gulleys. :laugh:

10. Baramundi Bob

11. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

ruh-roh...

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

F***ing retards,they ought to know better.
    I pity the lifeboat man who has to risk his life going out to rescue the divs,i would be more worried about the dog than them 2 ... tight lines

13. Baramundi Bob

If they had gone in there they never would have got out. No way would the lifeboat have gone in there today, the pics sont do it justice. It was a massive south east.

14. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

You're right they would have had no chance,I was down about 6 took one look at the sea an didn't bother getting the gear out of the car,the sea was massive

15. Baramundi Bob

On a se that big you either have to find a piece of coast facing the opposite direction, or get in behind a reef.

16. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Cheers for that Glen,behind a reef was plan A, but softlad here opted for plan B.LOL

17. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I would have loved to be able to fish of that repaired East pier .
    Can anybody put this story to rest and just tell the general public if their is a future for this pier or not.
    I was taken there as a child from Stockton on Tees. I would love to be able to walk on that pier again just as a tourist who would have a drink in the pubs buy some tackle in the Whitby Tackle Shops and buy fish and chips and eat them while sat on the west pier.
    You can call me a tourist.
    Open them both and i will be getting the sea rods out for the Winter Fishing
    then i will be a tourist and an Angler visiting the beutifull port of Whitby or Sands -End.
    I Always look at Saltburn first to fish the Towns Pier but its that popular i find i travel to Whitby where you can find a quite spot.
    What a shame Redcar is not getting a Pier .
    I would have loved to fish or walk on an evening on their eating fish and chips and a can of coke. :happy:pB
    myself travelling to Whitby