1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby's Commercial Fishermen, Unhappy With Hugh And His Fish Fight , yet Again

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 21, 2013.

1. rupert

rupert Blenny

Nice one - Andy, Clement and Max.

A generous gesture.

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Yeah nice one Andy clement and max.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

????!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am so glad I have been joined by a bandwagon, because I have been saying this for twenty years.
    Set up zero take zones, of fairly decent size.
    A fully grown female cod lays something like 150,000,000,000 eggs, so could repopulate the whole of the North Sea on her own. But there are literally none left now of that size.
    Trawler men have destroyed the goose, but seem to defend the indefensible.
    We are all on the same side here, even if you might think otherwise.

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ok Ill start a forum topic once the prize is with Dan. If anyone else wants to put cash in then just give it to Dan at Whitby Angling And he will make sure the vouchers are ready at the end of the year.

This will be a feature for those of you who do practice catch and release, but also please remember the forum rules that no-one should put pressure on anyone else to return fish, and as I have already done on several occasions, anyone seen to be pressurising anyone to keep or return fish will be banned, instantly. Enough said on that one.

I think im going to win the prize with a 15lb kayak caught pollack, I love watching them swim back down. The most amazing fish in the sea.

6. Baramundi Bob

You sound like John Whitton

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It's reality whether we like it not.

Paul

8. bucko

bucko New Member

Wow- a pal and I did a bit of research into Keo Films and HFW.
    Funding for this series comes from some quite surprising sources and trusts (Wal Mart, Intel, Packard.....)
    HFW and Keo are also involved with putting hydro turbines in rivers- including one on the Tyne at Hexham...oh, and Zac Goldsmith has a hand in that too :vomit:
    Fishermens friends? I think not.

9. Baramundi Bob

So I guess change is needed. Ive been thinking about what Ray has said and he is right. We all sit and moan about the fishing, then when someone tries to do something we moan about that too. Maybe change is required, well no maybe about it, you just confirmed it, more seals than fish, maybe you could start a seal watching business Paul ?

10. bucko

bucko New Member

Oh, and wind farms too....you know, like the ones that inshore fishermen don't like.......hmmmm

11. Rubby Dubby

Rubby Dubby Blenny

ramrods thought provoking words and clear thoughts have certainly made me think too,i think the way things are now we havent much to loose ,a fishing trip at the moment usually results in a blank maybe it is time for change..........................RAMROD FOR PRIMEMINISTER

12. blackmouth

blackmouth Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

this maybe of interest- deffo worth a look .enjoy http://www.shoreangler.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?7039-Trip-at-sea-on-a-pairtrawler-3%2Fpage31

13. j99oel

j99oel Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bob,
    Just a thought would it be possible for you to maybe set up a PayPal account and see if a few more want to donate? Be easier than travelling to whitby and giving Dan the money personally. Obviously whoever wins the money it is to be spent in whitby angling supplies, and if say a few hundred quid could be raised, percentage donation to the r.n.l.I possibly? Just a thought.

Joel

14. Baramundi Bob

Thinking just a single prize but will cover boat shore and kayak. I have a format in my head that is easy to follow. Site admins to narrow it down 10 best reports then the forum to vote for the winner.

Keep it simple.

15. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

you can always post a cheque or email us and we can send you a paypal invoice

16. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=29980.

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Sounds good, only suggested a separate prize for kayakers as the boat lads would easy catch bigger fish but that sounds fair. Be interesting to see what size fish a put back, it's a nice idea though. Lead by example :happy:

18. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

I think the vote for the best report is a really good idea. If it is based solely on weights, there is no incentive to put a fish back when you know a bigger one has already been released. It also evens out the advantage the boat fishers have with bigger fish, because the kayakers always do better reports :wink:

19. Baramundi Bob

Cheers for your support guys. It should mean that those who put the most into the site as well as thier fishing are rewaRDED.

20. smokey

smokey Rockling

Take a look at this,then you will see the real reason HFW is doing this.

https://www.duedil.com/company/03138064/keo-films-com-limited/financials

KER-CHING KER-CHING ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££