1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Acko

Acko Rockling

Im sick of fishing I wasnt gonna go again tonight but my mates talked me into it. I dont know where to go?
    Ive fished local area Skinningrove and Ive tried Hartlepool. Whats Whitby fishing like at the moment? Im thinking of giving it a go tonight (tue)
    I might try Sandsend too If the tide comes in far enough?
    Any suggestions anyone?

2. Stu

Stu New Member

I think every were is fishing about the same hit and miss just pockets of fish there was fish from skinny last night fish from runswick the night before but not many considering the amount of rods there our club st marys never had a codling weighed in on sunday got won by tings ::)

3. Acko

Acko Rockling

I went to Robin Hoods Bay last night I wasnt sure where to go so I went in the pub just at the top of the slipway and asked some lads. One lad was from Steers He knows Tim and Glenn once we established that we all knew one another he gave me the guided tour.
    Fished on the sea wall but unfortunately it was full of weed after an hour or so went to Whitby West.
    What the f**k is out in the sea at the end of there? It didnt seem to matter where we cast there seemed to be a big pile of summat nasty snagging us up.
    Got a few bites on Whitby but couldnt hook anything I suspect it was Whiting giving us the bites?
    I think I need a break from fishing its starting to do my heed in now lol If its not weed its wind or rain. If its not that I cant hold bottom and everytime its just right theres no bloomin fish?
    I think I might start a new hobby Im gonna go on the end of the Jetty and throw fivers in the sea every night. Oh s**t Im sorry I do that now dont I ? Oh well maybe golf then?
    Aye I need a couple of nights off.

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

I think thats what happens acko when you`r going to much and not having much luck , have a few days off ....matey

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Summed it up there Dav.

You can really get yourself down at this time of year Paul. Try fishing little short sessions. 2 or 3 hours at peak times and avoid Robin hoods bay especially at high water or when there has been easterly winds. I walked the dog there the other day and the weed was stacked 6 foot high. Its the only place worse than Runswick.

When you said you went in the pub I thought you were gonna say you ended up staying there. What was the lads name ?

6. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Had a couple of hours at RHB last night.
    Went down just before low water,managed
    to get mops.
    Quite afew rods about especially over in Ramrods
    territory.Nice bit of sea running,water was like tap water.
    Anybody else have ago?

7. mww

mww Rockling

I was out - went to Cloughton - cps & his lad came down. As has become the norm, Kyle showed us the way with 2 codlings, biggest 3 1/2lb, & lost another 2 or 3. cps blanked, in fact don't think he had a bite, I didn't fare much better, got a mop & missed another. Looked good enough, though. Like you say, not loads of colour, a bit, but not a lot.

Mart

8. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

that would have been the better option lol.the lad he spoke to was probably james who owns the fish and chip shop at bay.

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

That young lad knows how to fish, I think he has beaten the old man every time he has been out.

10. Acko

Acko Rockling

James Verrill was the lads name. He even knew who I was think Tim must have mentioned Gare Lug worms cos he knew I dug for them there?
    I gonna have a few days off the fishing I think But I bet I get bored stiff.

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

thats strange stu, i came third and got hsf with three codling for just under 12lb sunday in mary's

12. Stu

Stu New Member

sorry paul i got told there was no cod just tings

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

no fret stu, anyway the lads who came first and second went to the gare for a bag of ting, which with a sea on like that, was a bit guttless of them, what sort of sea angler, would go for a bag of crap with conditions like that. if the sea was flat, yeh, i would have been at the gare myself. they might say thats match fishing, but there is a time and a place fishing for those things, and with all the good cod around, howay a propper sea angler would'nt waste a nite like that ???

14. cps

cps Rockling

hey les of the old , but yes all but once , good job he dont go much ;D

15. PAUL

PAUL Guest

Anybody know whats lying in the water off the end of Whitby West Pier? It claimed a few sets of gear off us last night It seemed to come right around onto the sandy area near the beach. Is it old nets or summat? anyone come across it yet?

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Dont fish there much me self ,if its a resident snag then im sure someone will help on here , ,sounds like weed to me though ,especially travelling ..

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Dont know what happened there just replying to lobbers last post...