1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby West Pier - Mackerel Fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Had a walk on the west pier tonight. It was a stunning evening and there was quite a few mackerel coming in. Most of the fish came from down the side with the end producing very little other than a few stonking sized Billets. I had the camera out and got a few shots of the beautiful sunset.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My eldest lad (Josh) with a mackerel.

[​IMG]

Paul The Donkey Dryden

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. slugger

slugger New Member

cracking photos, cracking fishing. what more can you ask for eh!

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

That's a great photo of the sunset BB, and it looks like another Kilpatrick is been groomed - just don't push Leeds United onto him otherwise he'll have a life full of disappointments :whistle:

4. Baramundi Bob

All the kids are Leeds fans Iain :cheesy:. My Philosophy in life is that to enjoy winning you have to learn to loose too :cheesy: :cheesy:

5. Rapin

Rapin New Member

Top class photos Glenn.

6. barry

barry Blenny

I went out on West Pier Sunday morning, about a dozen were fishing off the top deck, lead in all directions, they didnt seem to catch a great deal, only saw four Mackerel for the hole lot of them....... nice photo,s

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

the first coble photo is a beaut glenn, :yes:

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Brilliant pics them glen ,,,,,turning into abit of a shark arnt you.... :yes:.....watch out bill......

9. Baramundi Bob

Cheers guys. I discovered the sunset setting on the camera. It seems to work nice :cheesy:

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

That second coble pic with the deeper sunset is absolutely superb,you've must have too much time on your hands Glenn...tight lines :whistle: :wink: :happy:

11. woody

woody New Member

nice photos glenn any launce about yet ? whats best for catchin the buggers shrimping rigs ? :happy:

12. warrior

warrior New Member

:yes: lovli pics matey ,,more more,, :yes:

13. chiplips

chiplips Blenny

i was one of them fishing off the top deck barry,too many k~~bs on low deck casting over all the time,i was using braid so alot of people losted there rigs,that will teach them :yes:

14. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

you're lucky chiplips - someone caught my dads braid with their spinner other week down filey brigg. poor dad cracked the whole lot off next chuck :no:

15. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

those sabiki rigs are good for launce woody :happy:

16. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Glenn, did you go down to Wembley to watch the play off final, I did, 'The Rovers'. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Theres always next year!!!!!!!

17. Baramundi Bob

Nah couldn't get a ticket mate. Glad I never went now. Rovers were a far better team and deserve promotion, they are the best team Ive seen play in that division this year.

18. Baramundi Bob

You really need to be careful when fishing off the top with people underneath.

19. barry

barry Blenny

I thought the harbour master banned fishing off the top deck in summer.

20. Baramundi Bob

Quite a few people have asked me about the pics I took and questioned how the sun is setting over the sea.

Whitby is one of a very few places on this coast, maybe the only place, where the sun sets over the water. This only happens for around 4 weeks in mid summer and then the sun starts to set over Sandsend cliffs. By about August its setting over Sandsend village. Whitby is different in that, unlike most east coast ports it faces due north whereas the rest face east. Also both east and west are over the sea as we sit on a bit of a peninsula :educated: :educated: :educated:

If ever you come to Whitby then I would recommend a trip on the Eskbelle sunset cruise. You sail down to sandsend and the sun sets over the cliffs, then they take you out to sea and about 10 mins later the sun sets into the sea. Thats 2 sunsets in one night. They also have a nice bat aboard the boat :whistle: :whistle: