1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whitby west is best!!! 3 cod for 11lb!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bowesy, Mar 15, 2011.

1. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

just got in from a 4 hour sesh from whitby west had 3 fish for 11lb biggest 5lb dead then a 4lber and a 2lber me m8 snuff had 1 for 2lb lovely lazy swell rolling in ideal full report in morn with a few pics of the fish !

2. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one mate!

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Re: whitby west is best!!! 3 cod for 11lb!!with a couple ov pics!

nice one bud i had one on bernies on sunday night just need some coour with that swell and they should be there was there any colour at port

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

well done bud.

great session there.

5. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

well simon mate

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Nice one matey. :happy:

7. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Well done Si,nice to see some sign of codling again.

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Si, great session :yes:

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done mate. Lets hope we get a good spring run. Ive seen some fantastic bags of fish in late march through to May.

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Sie, damn good fishing considering the lack of fish about :cool: :cool:

11. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mate! nice to hear of some cod being caught for a change! :yes:

12. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nie 1 Si, that 4lbers got a nose like Joe Bugner...lol..... I was down Hawsker last night, managed a mop around 2.5lbs, should have had a few more but dropped a couple off and missed a couple of good bites....................

13. TheCodfather

TheCodfather Guest

well done mate

14. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

just come up from port mulgrave the swells dropped right off with the easterly and its knocking the colour out ov the water 2 blokes fishing down there they never had a bite !

15. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

whitby west is best!!! 3 cod for 11lb!!with a couple ov pics!

following on from the brief report from our sesh at whitby west , me, jape and snuff decided whitby west for a few hours last nite we were down port mulgrave on the day time haveing a mooch about!!and the sea was perfect for a chuck lovely big lazy rolls rolling in !! we got on to the pier about 7pm and to our suprise there wasnt a soul on the pier so we got set up right on the end ,order of the day was big baits!! big chunk of cart wrapped in cling film with 3 mussels and 1 frozen black wrapped on! first hour or so no fish but plenty of bites the fish were giving a few pulls and soon as ya picked the rod up they were gone! then a saw the rod bend over then a few nods then a saw the line go slack wound down felt the fish on reeled in felt a good fish ! to the base of the pier and jape pulled the fish through the eyes and first fish on the boards a plump 5lber!!then snuff put cart on and within 5 mins pulled in a 2lber then same again for me ,just txting the wife t see what was for supper!!! when a got a shout form snuff the tip was bouncing picked the rod up and slack lined again wound in felt the fish on jape pulled it through the eyes a ugly looking 4lber!! we were still getting the odd good rattle then a got a little mop of 2 lb to finish off well chuffed with 3 fish for 11lb this time of the year all fish on frozen bait ! or and when a got the 5lber there was 2 lads fishing on the railings he came running over ! and a few words told me "we usually fish on here so why dont ya f$$k off ,a think he was jokeing !!!he nearly went for a swim!!!!only a young lad he couldnt believe his eyes when a got another one!![​IMG][​IMG]

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

We were uptiding lsat week and had some some nice sized cod a nice surprize no feed in the fish what bait did you get the fish on when were uptiding they wouldnt look a worm or cart it was squid which they wanted.

paul.

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

lmao at the 4lber, its an ugly bugger! did jape blank?

18. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Bowesy you got some nice fish there. How nice is it to see a shore fishing post on here and some nice cod caught it,s certainly been a while.

I might be tempted to drag my shore fishing gear back out well done mate.

19. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well done Simon , that was a good catch :yes: :yes:

20. 5CR34M3R

5CR34M3R Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done lads!