1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Uptiding Festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby Charter Skippers are to introduce another festival to the years fishing itenery. Sponsored by Telstar Angling Club the new festival to be held in December will be a little different from the others with the emphasis switching to uptiding . The festival runs from December 12th to 14th with £500 for the heaviest cod, £200 for the 2nd heaviest cod, £100 for the 3rd heaviest cod, and £100 for the heaviest fish of any other species. Please get in touch with the skippers to reserve your place now. Be quick as places are going fast. More info will be posted on this site closer to the date.

2. martin

martin New Member

Ringing Malc (Seasprey) tomorrow for all 3 days as thats my favourite type of boat fishing

3. seajay

seajay New Member

just booked all three days with malcom on sea spray hope the weather permits it

Simon. :hungry:

4. bucko

bucko Guest

Am I right in assuming that all of the charters will be taking part?
    I quite fancy a go at this.

5. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

A new uptiding tournament in December, eh??? I'm sorely tempted to make the trip from London, finances permitting - my family might not be getting Xmas presents this year! Lol. :laugh:

6. Baramundi Bob

Hi Bucko, its a WCSA festival so all their boats will be involved. See :

http://http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/?p=3

7. martin

martin New Member

Did the same today myself Simon. Malc said you had booked. Hope this trip will be incident free! Cheers, Martin

8. seajay

seajay New Member

were only a mile out so it should be fine :vomit:
    look forward to fishing with you mart :yes:

9. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

proposed w.c.s.a. uptide festival

NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH
    Posted under Uncategorized Edit This

Latest news in there is to be a proposed extra winter angling festival held by the w.c.s.a. this year for three days starting on the 12Th and ending on the 14Th of December,

the festival will be held over the big tides that weekend and the hope is this will form the basis of a uptide compation totally new to whitby I think, and will be open to all association boats,

the idea came from our honorary president Glenn stocks from the tel-star angling club who already are the main sponsors of the massive summer festival and who are now pledging £1000 in prize money for the up tiding festival,

all the final details have to be arranged as yet but watch this space for updates as soon as they come in I will post them up,

anyone not tried there hand at up tiding yet this could be the perfect opportunity to try your hand at a different approach to catching fish some great days can be had fishing close in during the winter months as I said keep watching more infomation to follow.

10. Baramundi Bob

11. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

2 questions
    1st how will you determine its caught up tiding and not off a wreck ?
    2nd ly all these fish caught close in might blank your favourite marks?
    just a thought

12. Baramundi Bob

Hi Gibbo, Uptiding usually takes place no more than a mile to mile and a half from the shore so there are no wrecks in the area to fish. Plus the skippers wont allow it. They will all be required to anchor up on the inshore ledges. No worries about the shor marks. I always blank anyways :cheesy: :cheesy:

13. CBass

CBass New Member

I fancy this, does anyone know of any boats that have places?

I've got no mates to fish with :nerd:. Normally I would go along with my Dad but he's in the Sahara so a bit landlocked :laugh:

14. bucko

bucko New Member

All the numbers are on here Cbass.

http://http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/?p=3

Good luck!

15. martin

martin New Member

Was talking to Malc (Sea Spray) in cafe this morning (Saturday) he told me he has had two cancellations for the uptiding festival on Saturday and Sunday (13th and 14th December).fishing anyone interested get in touch

16. Baramundi Bob

Im gonna fish with Killer on the Friday and Saturday, so long as he doesnt put his usual rule on that I have to give him all the cash and my car if I win.

17. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Got booked on Sea Spray on the 12th and 14th not superstitious about the 13th its just I have an appointment with the dentist at midday (well going to watch the Boro is like having a tooth pulled).Looking forward to the fishing,weather permitting and meeting a few guys off the forum too.

18. 70cal

70cal Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fishing with mal for the three days myself
    me mates who were fishing it had to cancel due to work commitment's
    can't wait.

Carl.

19. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

Hi lads I have just had a cancellation so now have room for three on Friday one on Saturday and one on Sunday,
    Mick.

20. bait pump

bait pump New Member

Mick i sent you a pm mate