1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whitby today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Jul 17, 2017.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

first time aboard the lone shark today
    very enjoyable day weather perfect few fish about we all caught and went home knackered
    3 of us fished along with skip and mate
    he tried loads of marks wrecks etc

thanks chris for a good day and we will def see you soon
    ps never got a car park ticket
    arrived at station car park 7.30 both machines out of order so gambled on note in window

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats £6 odd better off in your pocket then, result

How did you score fish wise, any size to them or any fish in numbers

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was on the mistress from whitby on the 17th in the competition It was quite hot wasn't it? Nice when there was a breeze but that buggared up the drift a bit.
    Caught a lovely 7LB pollock Certainly made me jump 'cos it swam upwards giving a slack line as I thought I had snagged and snapped on the bottom before diving for freedom.
    got a few ling and nice sized cod under the cliffs and the mackeral have come back as well.

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we missed the mackrel no show so squid was bait
    then couple of maccy caught out near wrecks
    we had ling to approx 10lb
    cod to 6ish
    brian saved £6 its now jumped to £10 for day
    also costs you 40p for a was in toilets so drain off at sea

5. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Strewth

£10 to park your motor, are SBC intent on driving visitors out of town for good

That big fee to park is linked to the park and ride system but for folk who have to get access to the town, like anglers with all their gear its a real stiff charge to bear and might just chase folk over to Hartlepool if theyre not careful, once they make the move then its real likely they'll lose visitors to the town for good

The fishing has to be really excellent to compensate a lone angler paying a tenner