1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHITBY SUMMER BOAT ANGLING FESTIVAL 08th JULY plus FINAL RESULTS

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jimthefloat, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

1st-MATTHEW BREEN-SELBY-15 lb 01oz-LING-SEA OTTER2----GOES 2nd IN THE LING SECTION
    2nd-TERENCE CARNEY-STANLEY nr WAKEFIELD-13 lb 15 1/2oz-COD-JEAN'K'
    3rd-PETER MATHERS-BARNSLEY-10 lb 05oz-COD-TWO DOGS.

FINAL RESULTS

TOP 4 FISH

1st-£5,000-DAVID SHAY-DONCASTER-22 lb 08 1/2oz-COD-SEA URCHIN 2 + HEAVIEST COD-£500
    2nd-£1,000-GRAHAM GUEST-DANBY nr WHITBY-18 lb 00oz-COD-TWO DOGS
    3rd-£500-IAN THOMPSON-BARNSLEY-17 lb 15oz-COD-CHARISMA
    4th-£250-MAURICE GREEN-NORMENTON-17 lb 10oz-COD-TWO DOGS

LADIES SECTION

1st-ANTONIA RICHARDSON-HOVINGHAM-11 lb 06 1/2oz-COD-SHY TORQUE 111
    2nd-SARAH HOLFORD-WAKEFIELD-9 lb 08oz-COD-MISTRESS
    3rd-MAJA SZODRA-DONCASTER-9 lb 04oz-LING-SEA URCHIN 11

JUNIORS SECTION

1st-LEWIS HOLLIMAN-HALIFAX-14 lb 01 1/2oz-COD-SEA URCHIN 11
    2nd-JACK BARBER-SKELTON-12 lb 11oz-LING-TWO DOGS
    3rd-JACK FRANK VERO-MERRYLEES-5 lb 02oz-COD-SEA URCHIN 11

COD SECTION

1st-DAVID SHAY-DONCASTER-22 lb 08 1/2oz-SEA URCHIN 11
    2nd-GRAHAM GUEST-DANBY nr WHITBY-18 lb 00oz-TWO DOGS
    3rd-IAN THOMPSON-BARNSLEY-17 lb 15oz-CHARISMA

LING SECTION

1st-ANDREW EDWARDS-NAWTON YORK-17 lb 05oz-MISTRESS
    2nd-MATTHEW BREEN-SELBY-15 lb 01oz-SEA OTTER 2
    3rd-PATRICK MAY-BROTTON-14 lb 05 1/2oz-TWO DOGS

HADDOCK SECTION

1st-MARK LEATHER-SHEFFIELD-4 lb 00oz-JEAN'K'
    2nd-MIKE CHANNING-PUDSEY-2 lb 09oz-CHARISMA
    3rd-PAUL WINTERSGILL-NORTHALLERTON-2 lb 07 1/2oz-CHARISMA

BEST SPECIMEN SECTION-AS A % OF UK BOAT RECORD FISH

1st-JOHN WILCOCK-BRADFORD-2 lb 00oz-POUTING 36.40%-SHY TORQUE 111
    2nd-JOHN WILCOCK-BRADFORD-0 lb 09 1/2oz-NORWAY HADDOCK-32.80%-SHY TORQUE 111
    3rd-MICHAEL ROCHE-LEEDS-0 lb 14oz-RED GURNARD-28.57%-SEA OTTER 2

THANK YOU FROM THE WHITBY CHARTER BOAT SKIPPERS ASSOCIATION TO ALL THE ANGLERS WHO TOOK PART IN THE FESTIVAL.
    NEXT FESTIVAL SAT SEPTEMBER 08 to SUN SEPTEMBER 23rd 2012.

2. 105

105 New Member

well done pete.top skipper.an well done to the angler.sea urchin is on the map.nice one mate

3. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

As Dolly already said,
    Well done to the lad who won and well done Pete on finding the fish.

Also from those of us who live too far away to attend the weigh in, A BIG Thanks to Jimthefloat for posting the results and keeping us informed of the results day by day

Carl

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well done pete and david £5000 very nice plus another £500 for the heaviest cod thats a whopping £5500 i must take this opportunity to thank all our sponsors for the event The cooperative, Arbuts cafe,Whitby angling suppliies,The Endevour public house, the whitby LVA ,plus the weigh masters they do a excellent job the WCSA would like to say a massive thankyou to them presentaion night is at the whitby fishermans club on friday 27th july any anglers who took part in the festival are welcome to attend a band is also playing so please contact your skipper for details .

paul kilpatrick (Chairman WCSA )

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Well done pete, a round of butties wouldnt have gone a miss to soak up those celebration pints!

6. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

There were some good size cod taken this year, werent there? Any theories on why the ling didn't really show in any size or quantity? I tried offering some big fish baits over the wrecks (and particularly on our last day when the mackerel finally showed) but they just didnt seem to be there... Still, there's always the autumn festival, when they do seem to show in greater numbers, and Steevie and I will be up from The Smoke for yet more punishment...

7. MARLIN

MARLIN Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Congratulations to David on catching the heaviest fish, it has been a few years that me and D have been travelling up from london to fish at the summer festivals and every year just gets better and better. We both have invested in some nice reels and this makes a lot of difference, looking forward to the next festival.
    Thank you to all involved, skippers, weigh in guys, and the sponsors.

8. Howard

Howard Blenny

Agree with Bass H good to see the cod winning over the lings there must be some survivors from last yrs stamp after all . Good haddocks too the 4lb fish must have been a right sight. Well done all.

9. eto

eto Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi

Also a big thank you to "Jim the float" for your up to date day to day results service, this has kept my interest up during my long illness and hope for the day when I can go fishing to Whitby once again?

Regards

eto

10. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yes a big thanks to jim the float its allwase good to know whats going on well done a top job :educated: