1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Sea Otter & Sea urchin Joint Trip - August 2nd 2010

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Re: Whitby Sea Otter & Sea urchin Joint Trip - June 10th 2010

Hi Chris dont fish next to deadlylookingfishheadipstick youll be in for a right day what with harrythecodhead on one side and deadlookingfisheadipstick on the other Ho Boy id sooner stick wasps up my back passage one at a time with no gloves on Ha Ha im only glad im not on the same boat lets hope we All get plenty of fish laughs and crack all day long Good luck tightlines Alain

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

What a terrific Gesture , a realy big thank you to Glenn for a massive show of genourosity,
    this will certainly make the day for one of us fortunate anglers who will be fishing the match :cool:

3. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

The forecast for Thursday looks awful we should start to make plans for another date asap it will be a bummer after all the work people have put in, but it looks off to me if you can believe the forecast most sites are giving strong northerlies

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Certainly looks like it will be off. I spoke to Paul today but sadly it looks like the next slot is not until the end of July. Its a bit of a shame as I picked us the best tide in probably the best month of the year. $hit happens I guess

5. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

So will Mick and Paul be sorting a suitable date out when both are available?

6. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

Fazbats

I think Mick & Paul will have to put their heads together and see what they can do, but with the nagling festival very near the diaries I bet are filling up quickly. I don't doubt that Glenn has already spoken to paul about this.

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

what bout and evening match???? especially with light nights untill 10

8. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

I think you might be on the money there dan, not sure how the Skippers would feel, but you can but ask??

9. martin

martin New Member

Got Sea Sprey booked for a evening fish on Friday 25 June 6 till 10 filled boat without any trouble in fact had to refuse some

10. bucko

bucko New Member

It will be a shame if the weather does put pay to this, as seems to be inevitable.
    With regard to re-scheduling, I assume the deposits will be transferable to another date should anyone not be able to make the new date?

11. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Paul and Mick PUT ME ON YOUR RESERVE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gum:
    If the trip is cancelled and re-aranged for another date im available to fish if people drop out.
    deposit or full money sat here waiting.
    Fingers crossed!
    Thanks
    John Dixon.

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

FORUM TRIP LOOKS TO BE 99% CANCELLED

The foum trip on thursday looks like its going to cancelled so i will speak to mick tommorow and fix another date with a small tide in july the problem is try to fit the match in on the small tides as my diary is full for most of july but we will fix a date asap shame as the fishing is good plenty of cod today the weather just wont settle fingers crossed for the next date.

paul.

13. cod.ling1973

Re: FORUM TRIP LOOKS TO BE 99% CANCELLED

Put me on your reserve list if its cancelled please paul, I can fish any date if anyone drops out!!!

Tight Lines Buddy

John Dixon

14. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

If we could control the weather so many things would be so much better! I am sure I am as disappointed as everyone else due to be out for this trip but there is nothing we can do about the weather. :cry: :cry: As I am sure everyone else will agree the date will be re arranged as safety comes first which is something we have all learnt to deal with through our years of enjoying the sea. Lets just hope the weather does not prove uncooperative twice in a row. :yes: :yes:

15. bucko

bucko New Member

Paul, as I mentioned in the other thread- With regard to re-scheduling, I assume the deposits will be transferable to another date should anyone not be able to make the new date?
    Due to redundancy I am pretty much unable to 100% commit at this point and obviously I would rather you kept the £30 I left for you until I can.

16. Baramundi Bob

An evening session wouldnt really do it justice. Most skippers dont finish the day trps untill 5 or later, meaning we would have to go out at about 6pm. This would give us at most 3 hours fishing and an hour steaming time, restricting us to the very inshore grounds which get hammered all day long. Short trips are probably best left to the novices unless te fish are knee deep.

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

What happens if we cant make the change of date forum boat trip

I was just wondering what would be the choices be if you couldnt make the change of date :confused: i have got a very busy july august and september,
    trips to arbroath and two trips at least to the Mull, it realy is a bu88er this weather :sad:

18. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

forum fishing match

Hi Lads with the forum fishing match in dought (because of the wether) ive booked a days work in so my place on micks boat is up for grabs if the event goes ahead ill pm mick to let him no whoever gets my place is down to mick its his boat i was realy looking forwards to it tightlines Alain

19. Baramundi Bob

Re: What happens if we cant make the change of date forum boat trip

You get your deposit back Harry.

20. cod.ling1973

Re: What happens if we cant make the change of date forum boat trip

If you coulndnt go harry id gladly fill your space! :yes: and post the deposit you paid to yourself if that was ok with the organisers?????
    Who knows they might pick a date that suits you, fingers crossed for us both i would love to get on this trip :happy:

John Dixon