1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Sea Anglers Winter Uptiding Festival 1st - 16th Nov 2014 £1000 1st Prize

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Winter Uptiding Festival 1st - 14th Nov 2014 £1000 1st Prize

Absolutely superb Paul. Which boats are in this year, I hope its still limited to those who support the forum, as I dont think all the ones who have slagged us off over the years should be invited in.

2. Baramundi Bob

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Winter Uptiding Festival 1st - 14th Nov 2014 £1000 1st Prize

Get a sneaky feeling Rich Cope is Uptiding today ?

3. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

yes mate went thursday, far from ideal tide for it but still managed some nice fish ling to 9 1/2lb and cod to 7lb, a couple of us managed 7 fish a piece, stamp of fish seems a bit better on last years mops, i would imagine there will be some heavy bags of fish expected this year with fish of that stamp

4. Baramundi Bob

Some top prizes on offer this year. I think I may come out of retirement.

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I crnt wait for it its also good to see other whitby boats giving it a go aswell.

6. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great to hear Bob! Me and my mate are really looking forward to the excitement of uptiding in a relaxed comp/festival :)

7. Baramundi Bob

8. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

I think I may have to come and get the gear out, I didn't get up for the Festival this year, but I love the uptiding!!!!
    Also I think that there is going to be a fantastic competetive nature to the event as it really brings the 'true anglers' out and not just the 'freezer fillers'.
    Really looking forward to it.
    Phil

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Looks like being a corker of a year son all the signs are there plus with the big prize money on offer over the two weeks and if the weather is ok should be great festival .

paul.

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

It certainly does paul i crnt wait to get at it i think anyone who enjoys shore angling will enjoy this type of fishing. it's good to see Pete off Sea urchin and
    Paul off Trot on joining in aswell
    Paul has places on Trot on
    Call 07766995847 to get booked up

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Only a couple of weeks to go to the start of the uptiding festival excellent cash prizes on offer with the top 10 leader board £4000 in cash prizes some good fishing on the cards should be fun boys .

paul.

12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Festival time

How do men. Uptiding festival just round the corner. It's my best festival as it does not involve much traveling to marks and some great fish for the table. What do people think the winning fish will weigh this year. I came second last year with 13lb 6oz (I think) was piped to post by a few oz. was gutted but well done to winner. Will a twenty win it this year what do u think. If I may offer advice. Fish till the very last second, my fish was had on very last cast of the day, it takes a second to hook up. Change bait every twenty mins or so regardless if catching or if bait looks ok. Work at it and enjoy your time.

13. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Festival time

Should be a good un Simon...I think a cod or long around the 15lb mark will take the money but knowing the skippers I'm sure they know where the big boys live so who knows, My best advice is to change your bait every drop in and have a few baited traces made up in advance as it can be hectic at certain times of the tide..
    Good luck to everyone who enters and let's just hope the weather is kind for us.

Should

14. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Still places available so get your names down soon

15. E.F.C. FOREVER

Dolly has places available 07766995847
    I hope to see you both through the festival will be good to have a catch up planning on 19lb 8oz on the first drop of the first day ....... See how we go from there ;-)

16. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Dolly has a good track on this comp. (and others). Contact e,f,c forever for bait if u r short.

17. fishingdave

fishingdave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi I hope to be coming up to Whitby for the festival its my first time uptiding and would welcome any information on rigs and hook sizes to use as I am getting mixed information, any info would be a help thanks

18. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Simple rigs mate. Link swivel on main line then barrel swivel. Week link to lead and hook link tied or link to eye of barrel swivel. Long trace 2 foot or more the skipper on day will see u right they want u to catch don't ingnor them

19. fishingdave

fishingdave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for that will make a few rigs up ...and good luck to all taking part in the festival

20. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Starts next saturday £4000 on offer some fantastic prizes its all to play for .

paul.