1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Sea Anglers Winter Uptiding Festival 1st - 16th Nov 2014 £1000 1st Prize

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Aug 13, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Winter Uptiding Festival

Its that time again coming up not long now to winter uptiding festival and once again there is top prize of £1000 to the lucky angler who catches the biggist cod in the two week competition plus but this year we are having a top 10 so there is top 10 in major prizes for the heaviest cod this year caught in the 2 week competition plus the best any other species prize and the best juniour prize and of course the daily prize 1st 2nd 3rd heaviest cod each day plus the heaviest bag each day so some cracking prizes on offer .

Uptiding is fantastic sport catching quality fish in shallow water and with great cash prizes on offer its all to play there is 2 new main sponsor this year John Vero who owns Waggs proffesional dog care john and his son jack have come to love fishing at whitby and have reconized whitby as having some excellent cod fishing we say a big thankyou to john for coming onboard this year also another new main sponsor i would also like to say a big thankyou to is Selyhill Scrap Metal its fantastic to have these two new sponsors onboard also a massive thankyou from all the skippers involved to all our wonder sponsors with all the extra sponsorship which totals over £3000 the total prize money now on offer is a whopping £4000 also we have 2 new boats taking part in the Whitby Sea Anglers Forum competition Trot On and Sea Urchin.

Remember if you like shore fishing i am 100% sure you will love uptiding similar rigs etc just like fishing off the shore but on a boat a great feeling pulling those cod in the shallow water if you havent tryed it give it whirl you will get a nice surprize its great fun and again if its as good as last winter a nice few cod to take home plus the chance of some good prize money as well and if you are very lucky a £1000 richer at the end of the fornight.

Competition Starts Sat 1st November and finishes Sun 16th November.

GREAT PRIZES ON OFFER

Prizes for 2014 Uptiding Festival
    • First Prize - £1000 For Heaviest Single Cod Over The 2 Week Festival
    • 2nd Heaviest Cod £200
    • 3rd Heaviest Cod £150
    • 4th Heaviest Cod £100
    • 5th Heaviest Cod £75
    • 6th Heaviest Cod £50
    • 7th Heaviest Cod £50
    • 8th Heaviest Cod £50
    • 9th Heaviest Cod £50
    • 10th Heaviest Cod £50
    • Heaviest bag of Cod Overall in the Competition £100
    • Heaviest any other species in the Competition £100
    • Daily Prizes Heaviest cod £50
    • Daily Prize 2nd Heaviest Cod £30
    • Daily Prize 3rd Heaviest Cod £20
    • Daily Prize for heaviest bag Of Cod £25
    Festival Sponsors

John Vero (Waggs)
    Middle Earth Tavern Public House
    Frank Cope - Fr Engineering Projects Ltd, Derby UK - Phone 01332 870160 - Mobile 07980 010872
    H+E Electrical Services
    G+R Elecrical Services
    Sellyhill Scrap Metal Tel 07511242741
    Whitby Angling Supplies is giving a special prize for the best junior in the competition with the biggest fish

Whitby Uptiding Festival Boats
    • Sea - Otter 2 - Paul Kilpatrick - Tel 07748705695
    • Mistress - Rich Cope - Tel 07977436903
    • Trot On - Paul Eddon - Tel 07766995847
    • Sea Urchin - Pete Rose - Tel 07814469423
    Remember last years uptiding festival produced some fantastic cod fishing and all the signs are there for this years
    festival to be just as good if not better.

So don't delay get your place booked asap. Also this year : hot soup and a roll will be laid on at the weigh-in at the Middle Earth Tavern On Church Street.

Further Reading
    Good luck to all who enter, Thanks - Paul Kilpatrick.

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Whitby sea anglers Uptiding festival £1000 1st Nov - 14 th nov 2014

I beleive dolly is entering it this year
    Lets hope I can get plenty of time off because I know that dolly has a few secret weapons up his sleeve I.e. gance and derik purves who are 2 of the most experienced men fishing hard inside watch the reports as the season gets underway ......... as u may of gussed I love my uptiding really do can not wait for this season to get started I know that the shadding is far.far from done but im already excited ;-)

3. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Although not my favorite style of boat fishing I Might be tempted to have a bash myself

Just need to know when Mr Franklin is out so I can steal the contents of his bait flask ;D ;D ;D ;D

4. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2013 winner-Ken Lydall-13lb-14oz-Avante
    [​IMG]

2012 winner-Piotr Janik-20lb-12 1/2oz-Never Can Tell 'A'
    [​IMG]

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

This type of fishing is really suited to the shore anglers amongst you. If you love winter codding then Ill gaurentee youll like uptiding as much if not better.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Jim, willyou be doing the results and pictures for us ?? As this is not a WCSA event then they cant tell you not to post and I would appreciate you keeping us all informed :)

7. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes I will be doing the weigh-in.
    So will post the daily results on the forum, after I get back from the office as Paul calls it (Middle Earth pub).

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

The middle earth again are main sponsors, Jill will be putting on soup every night after the weigh in for the anglers, a great gesture and I'm sure many will appreciate hot soup after being at sea all day!

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Winter Uptiding Festival 1st - 14th Nov 2014 £1000 1st Prize

As rich says the middle earth are one of the main sponsors also H+E Electricians and John Vero and Sely Hill Scrap Metal are also joint main sponsors Tommorow I will put a full rundown on the festival on the forum was going to do it tonight but just drove up from Plymouth with loads of roadworks so its Tommorow now .

Cheers Paul

10. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Winter Uptiding Festival 1st - 14th Nov 2014 £1000 1st Prize

I really enjoyed my uptiding trips last winter and will be taking part in the festival this time for sure. Can't wait!!

11. wilky

wilky Blenny

Pint of barley soup served cold sounds good to me

12. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

we did say middle earth and not the welly mate!

13. Howard

Howard Blenny

All the signs are there for a bumper autum/winter on the inshore grounds. The brid and scarborough marks are already holding plenty of fish and as the summer has gone on there getting bigger and bigger and appear to be growing in number too. I dont know what this weathers effect will be but hopefully will improve things further.
    Good luck to all !

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its looking like a very early start to the uptiding season talking to my mate this morning he has been fishing from the shore and has had 6 casts and 6 codlings a fish a cast so everything is in place for a bumper season so fingers crossed if its as good as last winter very happy days.

paul.

15. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looking forward to this, a lot of fun was had last year!

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It was a hell of winter on the uptiding scene last winter plenty of action there was some fasntastic sport so fingers crossed for more of the same this winter.

paul.

17. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It was my first time last year and got some lovely fish, and the craic was excellent as well.So I will definatly be up for it.

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

More great news for the whitby seanglers uptiding festival another new major sponsor has now come forward so to make the competition really interesting i have decided to have a top 10 in the major prizes and have increased the other prizes as well so a total of £4000 is now on offer over the 2 week competition can you be in the top 10 and get your name up there its all to play for.

paul.

19. Willy Eckerslike

Willy Eckerslike Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic job to Paul and others who have organised this Uptiding festival, the money it will bring in spreads out right through the town benefiting many business' & families. It one thing to talk about it but another story to get off your arse and DO it, hats off to anyone who has made this happen.

Pete D

20. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

There is a lot work that goes into making sure everything runs smothly this competition is going from strenth to strenth and this year looks like being a belter some great prize money on offer and the first time top 10 leader board should be good fun.

paul.