1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHITBY SEA ANGLERS UPTIDING COMPETITION £1000 TOP PRIZE

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Oct 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its that time of year again and winter is hear once again we be holding the Whitby Sea Anglers Uptiding Competition with a top prize of £1000 to angler who catches the biggist cod over the 2 week competition.
    H&E and G&R Electrical services are the £1000 cash sponsor a massive thankyou to them also Whitby Angling Suppiles will be sponsoring the Ladies section plus there is a top 5 leader board plus daily cash prizes as well and cash prize for biggist any other species so come guys its all to play for 3 boats are in the competition each boat has also put up a substantial cash injection into the prize fund entry is £5 plus your days charter its an all out competition food will be laid on at the fleece where the presentation to the daily winners will take place .

Competition starts on ----

5 th November till 20 th November inclusive

The list of boats are as follows

Sea Otter 2 paul kilpatrick tel 07748705695

Alliance shawn elwick tel 07721670810

Mistress rick cope tel 07977 436903

Tight lines and good luck to all who enter .

paul.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. gleadall474

gleadall474 i want to live by the sea

Booked on mistress and looking forward to it

3. burtyme

burtyme Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what dates are the Competition run over?

4. gleadall474

gleadall474 i want to live by the sea

The dates are on the post mate

• Like Like x 1
  5. burtyme

burtyme Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

How did I miss that!! Read it twice as well.
    On holiday the second week, have to try and get through and have a go.

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Got good chance with only three boats in comp. looking forward to my day. Let's hope weather plays ball this year

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Her is a double figure cod we caught on Sea-Otter 2 on recent uptiding trip they are out there boys is your name on one .

[​IMG]

8. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

I was quite shocked when you told me you were organising another Paul. Full marks to you for being such a positive and helpful man. Personally I wouldn't promote a single one of the selfish bastards.

Over the years Ive watched Whitby Charter Skippers Association go from being one of the best associations Id ever seen, to the absolute shambles it is today. There isn't one of them who doesn't sit in the pub and slag off all the others behind their backs. The poison is so evident you can taste it in the company of some of them.

Nearly every last one of them has told me you lie about your catches Paul. Johnny 2 dogs was the last to say it to me and nearly all the rest of them have said it too. Im not quite sure why they cant concentrate on thier own business. I think If they put as much effort into promoting their business as they do in trying to pull yours apart, they would be booming again in no time.

Then you see all these bitter posts on Facebook with Sarcastic comments about long arms and lieing about catches. Why oh why do you want to help any of them make money Paul ?

You can be booked every good weather day of the year on your own reputation Paul. You dont need to organise competiton to help them make money. id leave them to be tied up all winter, they dont deserve any better..

Why help them when they sit and slag you off in the pub behind your back ?? Your a great man Paul, id have cut them adrift and watched them sink many years ago.

When Glenn Stocks came onbaord there was a fantastic feel good factor about fishing in Whitby. Jealousy Nastiness and a complete lack of loyalty to each other and the organisations and businesses who made the association a success has led to it being almost as dead as a Dodo. The coming years look bad unless you do something quick.

Anglers have left the port in droves and now favour Hartlepool. If you wanted to exhibit an example of how to completely Rodger up something amazing, then Whitby Charter Skippers Association would be that example.

Good luck with the event Paul, you alone have my support. The rest of them can reap what they have sewn.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  9. Adam ant

Adam ant New Member

Well what can you say to that from the Forum owner!!!!
    As someone who has observed the forum for a while now I can say What a Shambles this forum has become, from people talking utter shite about taking rod repair business to court which took up 9 pages of people's opinion which totally went off the topic of fishing( which this forum used to be all about ) to not much topics about sea and boat reports at all.
    What I can add is all those Bastards ( in your words) have in the past supported you site and have had people post good reports supporting your Forum on their behalf.
    No one has ever denied that a Paul is an outstanding Skipper but my own opinion is that have now capped it for me, I am in support of all whitby skippers and for you now to name Jonny two dogs is more back stabbing then what you say other skippers have been, for me Glen I am done with your forum as you have now made it " Play Ground" childish behaviour
    Good luck to Paul and the other skippers in the uptiding comp and if anyone had anything about them then they should avoid this site as it's stirring a bad atmosphere against all the skippers.
    Sorry was trying to bit my tongue.

10. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Don't want to get involved in any argument but how do u lie about your catchers. If I fish on a boat in Whitby and catch 10 fish then it's ten fish. If the skipper says I had twenty then it's up to me to put people right. It seems there are a lot of political things I don't understand or wish to know about. I just want to pay a fair price for a days fishing and have a few to eat

11. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hmmmm

A one post member joining up just so he could resign from the forum, seems a bit fishy to me

As to Glenns comments about anglers deserting Whitby in preference to Hartlepool, well thats true, Hartlepool chartering is on the up and it seems as if Its hit Whitby , especially true when related to Durham and Teesside anglers, maybe a wake up call is needed before its too late to recapture some of the missing anglers

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Every angler has a choice it's allways been that way I have very very good set of regular lads who know just what to expect believe me I don't need to bullshit the record speaks for its self some lads and lasses like to fish Hartlepool as well as Whitby it's there choice it's a change some people like that .

I allways done my best to promote Whitby over the years getting some great sponsors for the festivals when I took over the WCSA chairman we had just 1 festival with no cash prizes I soon got some very good cash sponsors onboard and then we had a spring and late summer festival as well as well as the summer one fantastic for Whitby .

Whitby takes some beating for fishing and and there is some some very good skippers here I allways say this you get for you pay for what you get in this world if you are paying penny's you will get that in return you get what you pay for .

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  13. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As someone who has a boat and sea fish's from it and takes others out to catch and as someone who's fished out of both ports, my preference is Whitby, yes it lacks some of the angler amenities that Hartlepool marina provides but theres just something magical about entering the town and leaving the port on board a boat AND the fishings better

14. simon22

simon22 Rockling

The fact that Whitby lacks the aminatys of other ports is down to local authorities. The fishing at Whitby is great. I can pick three boats. Sea otter mistress trot on and I will have a great day with all. I use sea otter cos that's the boat I started with, plus had some great days with. Other boats are great but I have always done well with Paul. Now if I was to take my wife fishing then I would not pick Paul to fish with. Reason for this, no toilets early morning. Would not pick Paul (sorry Paul) as no toilet on board. Paul u know I love to be on with u, that's not to say others are no good. IMO Paul does a great job promoting the festivals and giving anglers fish. It's not the skill of the angler on a boat (any boat) it's the skipper who puts you over fish and if they feed you will catch. Now if u find a skipper who u get on with, plus have good days with you will stick with them. I like to think that I have more friends in Whitby than I do in Stockport (yes sad). But I have always been made to feel welcome on boats and in the town. You lads need to make a living, people like me spend money on your boats. Get along and keep fishing

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  15. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Ps. i like the fact that glen wrote how he felt. I also agree that it was a little counter productive. Glen is a respected member of the forum and Whitby community, so at times people take what he says to heart. I would like Whitby to remain the cod fishing capital , but if people read negative comments then they may choose to stay away. This would be such a shame

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Simon there is a toilet onboard mate a very nice one but some barstwerard broke the flusher but all is not lost have a new plunger coming when I get back off holiday so you will soon be able to sit on thrown and just realax and think of England .

Paul

17. simon22

simon22 Rockling

lol Paul. I know it was going off post but toilets are important to some. I hope I did not offend u in any way. That was not what I set out to do

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The uptiding is now taking off we had around 40. Cod today uptiding on Ssa -otter 2 best nudgeting 10 lb so it's hotting up her is Paul Bradshaw today on sea -otter 2 with a few of his fish Paul had 9 nice cod today IMG_0480.JPG .

19. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Some nice fish. What baits Paul and will u have fresh cart again in festival.

20. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016