1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Uptiding 2012 Festival, Results, Pictures And Banter

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Jimthefloat, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

:butt: :butt:

Jim please do not cooperate with them. Tell them its www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk event and we want nothing to do with any research they are running, and they can come see me if they want to discuss it further. Refuse to take their cards or put them in the bin in front of them, and primarily make sure they do not hassle any of our competition entrants. If they dont like it they can come speak to me. Just who do they think they are.

2. Baramundi Bob

The only way to stamp it out before they start doing it every week is to refuse to cooperate with them. Fair enough they have the right to search if they suspect something illegal is going on, which you and I both know they will never find any evidence of that. Keep a record of how often they force a search because after so many times it becomes harassment. If you continually allow them to do this they will abuse their power and do it constantly. They are looking for easy work to justify their existence.

3. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ok Glen, I gave the cards to Dave Perret and Trev Freeman (private boat owners) to give out to other private boat owners.
    Dave stuck a couple on the notice board in the Fleece pub. So anybody attending the last day of the festival or Whitby open shore match can have a look at them. (bring a magnifing glass the print is tiny)

4. Baramundi Bob

Hi Jim, this is how they work their way in. If they want to go see private boat owners then thats fine, I cant do anything about that, but the stance of this site has always been no cooperation. I dont want them making contact with any anglers through events run through the site. Bin all literature and refer them to me if they dont like it.

5. Jimthefloat

They did check a private boat in the upper harbour before spotting us, he had a 20 lb Cod on board caught on a longline.

6. Baramundi Bob

Have they put him against a wall and shot him ?

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

20lb cod today has won the uptiding festival jim will do the reults later WOW.

paul.

8. Jimthefloat

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 18th Nov

Heaviest Cod

1st-Piotr Janik-Doncaster-20 lb 12 1/2 oz-Never Can Tell 'A'
    2nd-A Burkinshaw-Barnsley-10 lb 11 1/2 oz-Sea Otter 2

Festival Winner Piotr Janik-20 lb 12 1/2 oz

[​IMG]

A Burkinshaw-10 lb 11 1/2 oz

[​IMG]

9. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 18th Nov

Congratulations to both angler and skipper.

A superb fish well worthy of winning the competition.

Well done also to John Dixon on winning the heaviest bag

(the advice and lessons must be working :educated: )

10. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Looks like the beers are on Jon Whitton in the Fleece, for all the skippers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Jimthefloat

Thank you to all the anglers and skippers.
    No days lost to the weather.
    20 lb 12 1/2 oz Cod £1000 winner.
    13 Cod 57 lb 10 oz Heaviest bag.
    19 lb 07 1/2 oz LING.
    And lots of top Cod caught.
    Just as good as the Summer Festival.?
    Roll on next year.

12. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

great festival already looking forward to next years, well done to everyone involved in organising and running it i managed 2 days out this year would of made it 4 if it hadn't been for a christening in wales !

a 20lb cod to win is a cracking fish uptiding as well :)

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

ANDY JUST MISSIS OUT IN TOP 3 IN THE UPTIDING FESTIVAL ON SEA-OTTER 2

One the last day of the competition its been done time and time again a big one on the last day well andy got a cracking fish a cod between 10-11lb he new he hadnt the winner but to get in the top 3 would have been very nice he took it ot the scales and it 10lb 11oz still a lovelly fish but just missed the top 3 by onces.
    Steve hoyle from scarborough fished very well he must have had over 40lb of fish plus he had one nudegeing the 9lb mark in amoungst his catch well done steve plus we had a lady onboard never caught a cod before she got in on the action and was over the moon.

Andy with his 10lb 11 oz cod.

[​IMG]

Steve hoyle hits into another a fish,

[​IMG]

Here it is a 9lb cod just one of his big bag.

[​IMG]

Steves mate gets one around 8lb.

[​IMG]

This man two nice fish on the belt.

[​IMG]

Simon 22 gets this nice 7lber.

[​IMG]

We are back on the girl power never caugth a cod before till now she was over the moon.

[​IMG]

We were just pipped on the last day for overall winner but what a fish to beat our 11lb 7oz fish a 20lb cod well done to the man who caught it a fantastic fish and what way to end the competition i would just like to say a massive thankyou to our weigh master jim and all our sponsors this competition has been a massive sucess with some belting fish over the week it can only go from strenth to strenth

A quick look back at all our fish 9lb and above over the week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 15lb conger.

[​IMG]

This was out best 11lb 7oz leading till yesterday.

[​IMG]

This brute a ling 19lb for jim midgely from boat fishng monthly what a fish uptiding.

[​IMG]

paul.

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done that man ,superb fish ,
    i will defo be fishing this again next season,

i realy enjoyed the day out with Rich and managed 5th place in the cod
    iohn was on the same trip with his biggest bag of cod well done to all concerened and jim for doing the photoshoot each day

15. Barnsley Chop

Barnsley Chop New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the top one was 11 pounds and the bottom was 20lb. You must have some really good scales there. I smell a rat.

16. Jimthefloat

The camera lies-The scales do not.

17. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its the way the fish are held and how far away the camera is,
    and why u so bothered u not in the pics or even got the big fish.......

18. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done to every 1 who took part in the festival,,some great fish caught and it was nice to see so many ppl turn out for what was a very good week off fishing,,
    u done cracking job again jim,

19. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

I don't know what that man's problem is...well said deano. :yes:

20. peter

peter Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best